Black Friday samsung 50" plasma

gaewsky1

Are you going to be watching lots of sports?

Gonna be playing lots of video games?

Lots of DVDs or Blu-Rays?

Lots of HD Cable/Satellite?

EDIT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2102640385+1389727627&Configurator=&Subcategory=385&description=&Ntk=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

50" LG Plasma 720p for $900, Free shipping. I don't know about Samsung, but I can tell you that both newegg's and LG's customer service departments are unrivaled in my experience. LG owns Zenith and when our TV had the Y+Z boards + power supply go out, they fixed it for FREE after we'd bought it through a recertifier.

I'll be using the tv for regular DVD viewing upscaling if possible. HD tv viewing with WOW cable. No video games or Bluray. Most of the time it will be used for standard def unless Noggin comes in HD for the kids.

I've dealt with Newegg a few times before and that LG is nice but I've seem many Samsung LCDs and Plasmas and really like the picture. I guess it will come down to who has the price around $900 when I'm going to buy.

I'll be using the tv for regular DVD viewing upscaling if possible. HD tv viewing with WOW cable. No video games or Bluray. Most of the time it will be used for standard def unless Noggin comes in HD for the kids.

I've dealt with Newegg a few times before and that LG is nice but I've seem many Samsung LCDs and Plasmas and really like the picture. I guess it will come down to who has the price around $900 when I'm going to buy.

Just keep in mind, the newer plasmas, and I will speak for Panny as I know them having worked there....over 100,000hr rated life....which is still not dead, just not as bright....one of the highest in the industry.

- They also use 50% less power in the newer models than just the generation before.

- They run cooler and are among the quietest too. No buzzing or humming like many models are known to have.

- Have native 24 Hz frame rate...if you have a BluRay that supports 24 Hz, you'll be be addicted to the film-like reproduction it offers Natively.

- anti-reflective screen to minimize glare and are as good / better than LCD's.

LCD backlights will fail, it's a matter of when. LCD's will suffer from dead pixels/hot pixels, it's just a matter of when.

I'm biased...but Japanese brands are made better period. Korea makes the entry models. Panny and Pioneer are the tops. Keep in mind, Pioneer is exiting the manufacturing of their panels....they will instead be OEM'ing the.....from Panny of course.

The newer plasmas won't burn. That's old school hype from 5 generations of panels ago.

if its on the internet it must be true:gtfo:

Maybe if you read it and knew what the fuck you were talking about it would make sense. If you really have an interest in this, read that article, it's good.

I could cite numerous other articles that actually have science behind them. How about something from THX, would that be good enough?

I found a Panasonic 50" model TH50PX80U at newegg for $999 and free shipping. The reviews seem to be a bit better than the Samsung and LG.

Circuit City has the same TV for the same price. Local> delivery. I still heart newegg.com tho.

Panasonic makes great TVs. My LCD projection Panasonic was always great.

Circuit City has the same TV for the same price. Local> delivery. I still heart newegg.com tho.

Panasonic makes great TVs. My LCD projection Panasonic was always great.

Newegg = financially stable, able to offer RMA/warranty

circuit city = about to go under