Linksys and laptop help

wnaplay1647545503

For starters, I am computer illiterate. I know hard to believe since I g=have literally had a computer in my home everyday of my life(moms a computer programmer). Heres the issue. I have a desktop, and hooked to that is a linksys wireless g router. I have a lenovo laptop which I can sometimes get hooked up to the router. Even 1' away it sometimes wont connect. Whats weird is if I keep trying it, it will eventually connect. Heres the newest issue. I got it to connect and when I pull cr up, it is showing yesterdays screen. Odd seeing as though it has been turned off several times today. When I click refresh, a small box opens and it says "webpage unavailable while offline". But I am online. This is starting to get very annoying. I have never had these issues with my old laptop.

When tyring to connect it almost always just says "limited or no activity" even with 5 solid bars indicating connection/signal. The rest of the time it just states "acquiring network password" and stops there. Sometimes it asks me to enter a network key, which I am almost 100% sure is correct. Sometimes it pops up a network key already in place which is generated from where I dont know. It isnt the same amount of characters as the one I get from my linksys setup page from my desktop. I have tried going into the advanced settings, entering the network key, and checking the box "provide network key" but it still automatically brings up the old one. Any suggestions with any of these issues?

Keep in mind I am computer retarded anything more than click here and type this will confuse the piss out of me.

Linksys Wireless Routers = FAIL

I am having fits with mine as I type. This is my 4th one.

My next wireless router will be a Proxim.

:(

KillJoy

PS - DIsconnect power from Wireless Router and plug it in in a few seconds. Reboot Notebook. It MIGHT help... it does mine.... for a while.

It sounds like you are not providing the correct wireless key. Either

1) you typoed the key in windows

2) you are selecting the wrong password encryption

3) both 1 and 2

4) your wireless router is fucked. I have issues with my old microsoft wireless router. I go in and change the key in my router for wireless and try on my laptop and it won't connect. I unplug the power wire from the router wait a minute and plug in wait another minute and laptop connects

Linksys Wireless Routers = FAIL

I am having fits with mine as I type. This is my 4th one.

My next wireless router will be a Proxim.

KillJoy

PS - DIsconnect power from Wireless Router and plug it in in a few seconds. Reboot Notebook. It MIGHT help... it does mine.... for a while.

what linksys do you have i just bought one as i have never seem to have a problem with them

what linksys do you have i just bought one as i have never seem to have a problem with them

WRT54G x 3

WRT54GL x 1

Next will be a Proxim AP-700. I have installed MULTIPLE for work w/o ANY issues. These are designed for Hot-Spots (ie - Panera) and run about $275-ish new. They offer WAY more features than I will EVER use, but I will not have these connection issues either.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

It sounds like you are not providing the correct wireless key. Either

1) you typoed the key in windows

2) you are selecting the wrong password encryption

3) both 1 and 2

4) your wireless router is fucked. I have issues with my old microsoft wireless router. I go in and change the key in my router for wireless and try on my laptop and it won't connect. I unplug the power wire from the router wait a minute and plug in wait another minute and laptop connects

I have the same issue. But sometimes after repeated attempts it will just connect like nothing. Now my finger scroll wont work.

Sometimes its just the provider of the internet I was getting pissed because no matter what I did my shit would connect but then it wouldnt allow my browser to come up. So i called and they said they were doing repairs in my area so it will be back in a few hours sure enough after I went to the gym it was working fine.