need to get my hood painted... recomendations?

Guest JCroz91

Casto Restoration can paint it if needed. Bill Casto does great work and has resonable pricing. he does the body work for John Holt Race Cars and Pete Ricart's cars/toys if that is enought of a reference. Bills # 614-496-6832 hes located on the west side. he also did my engine bay on my 89 gt. here are some pics of his work%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/getnbze/CIMG0453-1.jpg[/img] %5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/getnbze/CIMG0631.jpg[/img] %5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/getnbze/astro1.jpg[/img]

what ever happen 2 the van i miss seeing it on the west side.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what ever happen 2 the van i miss seeing it on the west side.

man i got rid of it cuz it was done and had nothing else to do on it. sometimes i do kinda miss it, lol. but i dont have the money to keep all the cars. believe it or not that van was acually dependable. i could drive it everywhere with no problems. but now i have a mustang

man i got rid of it cuz it was done and had nothing else to do on it. sometimes i do kinda miss it, lol. but i dont have the money to keep all the cars. believe it or not that van was acually dependable. i could drive it everywhere with no problems. but now i have a mustang

what mustang is your do you be at the castel on the weekend.

Guest JCroz91

i dropped the car off last monday and i got it back today... after taking a good look at it i noticed some things wrong. there was a chip that had been painted over on one of the corners by the hinges and the paint has a "orange peel" look too it. its not a very smooth reflection up close. other than that im pretty happy with his work. i just took a few pics of it when i got home from work. i plan to get some better pics up later (outdoors). but for now this is all i have...

when i first picked it up from the shop...

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn176/jcroz91/paint1.jpg

color match is pretty good....

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn176/jcroz91/paint2.jpg

looks decent from far away

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn176/jcroz91/0105092213.jpg

up close you can see the "orange peel" look to the reflection.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn176/jcroz91/0105092213b.jpg

you can see the difference in the reflection on the fender and on the hood...

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn176/jcroz91/GetAttachment-1.jpg

Guest JCroz91
I just missed you today as you were leaving.

yeah yeah i saw u comming around the corner. i knew it was you as soon as i saw the front bumper of ur car! your car looks mean for real! bad ass street car.

Guest JCroz91
yeah yeah from far away it looks really good. but the hood isnt lined up at all and that orange peel isnt too good. my friends dad owns a car dealership and i think im going to take it to his body shop guy to see what they think i should do. and my dads best friend is a car dealer at jack maxton and hes over watching the game with us right now. he said i NEED to take it back to kevin and get my $ back and take it somewhere else. im getting told by everyone to take it back and get my $ back. he says $300 is expensive to get a hood painted anyways. so i might have to do that...

yeah yeah from far away it looks really good. but the hood isnt lined up at all and that orange peel isnt too good. my friends dad owns a car dealership and i think im going to take it to his body shop guy to see what they think i should do. and my dads best friend is a car dealer at jack maxton and hes over watching the game with us right now. he said i NEED to take it back to kevin and get my $ back and take it somewhere else. im getting told by everyone to take it back and get my $ back. he says $300 is expensive to get a hood painted anyways. so i might have to do that...

No need todo that give him a call explain your concern, I'm sure he would rather fix it then have a cst had a bad expericence leaving his shop. Goodluck eathier way

Jordan just take the car back to Kevin and explain why you are unsatisfactory with the job of your hood, Kevin being the business owner IM sure he will sit down and listen to what you have to say and he will take care of you

Guest JCroz91
no the hood was never straightend. its still crooked! lol you can kinda see it if you look for it in the over head view of the hood. you can clearly see the gap on the passenger side is a lot wider and than the driver side. the driver side actually rubs on the fender in the front.

The hood is a cheap hood. The orange peel is cause by what is underneith. Im sure you remember seeing the white primer all orange peeled on the hood, and me asking you if the hood was brand new. I tried to align the hood and youll notice its in the same spot it was in when you brought it. You need to reem the hood brackets so there is more adjustment in the hood. I will not hack it up, I leave that to you. The paint is close your right. I will be the first to tell you its not spot on. Its a panel job not a blend job.

Back to it. I said there is a lot of orange peel in the hood when you dropped it off. If you would have liked I could have primed and blocked it a few times then painted it. That would have been additional. I charged you 300 to paint a hood, if your buddy thinks that's expensive ask him what he charges an insurance company. Your paint alone was $140.

I may be able to take some of it out. You'll have to call me first though.

If you have questions about the work you should have come in and shared your concerns, not come in tell me it looks good pay and leave.

Guest JCroz91
The hood is a cheap hood. The orange peel is cause by what is underneith. Im sure you remember seeing the white primer all orange peeled on the hood, and me asking you if the hood was brand new. I tried to align the hood and youll notice its in the same spot it was in when you brought it. You need to reem the hood brackets so there is more adjustment in the hood. I will not hack it up, I leave that to you. The paint is close your right. I will be the first to tell you its not spot on. Its a panel job not a blend job.

Back to it. I said there is a lot of orange peel in the hood when you dropped it off. If you would have liked I could have primed and blocked it a few times then painted it. That would have been additional. I charged you 300 to paint a hood, if your buddy thinks that's expensive ask him what he charges an insurance company. Your paint alone was $140.

I may be able to take some of it out. You'll have to call me first though.

If you have questions about the work you should have come in and shared your concerns, not come in tell me it looks good pay and leave.

well i was in a rush to get to work. ill most likly be giving you a call sometime this week to see if we can work something out.

That sounds great.

Understanding and not understanding what goes into paint makes a big impact on visualizing an end result.

Here's my deal... I'm not out to fuck anyone, and everybody on this board knows that. Especially a friend of mine. I told your brother I would take care of you and I meant it. I will be looking for your call.