waterpump removal issues

Reed44

Is the oil pan a multi piece gasket? I will doing the jegs waterpump with this, new gaskets bolts and a smog/air pump delete since I am down there. I also just went to the junkyard and got some parts. Found a center console with the ashtray still working, oh yes! Also some 95 seats.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you only remove the front 4 bolts you have to flip the top of the cover towards the ground. that hurts the spring in the crank shaft seal. i have always found it easyer to drop the pan put the cover on then the pan back up witch gives your front lip seal on your pan a good seal. if you replace the crank seal then you take a chance of hurting the new one putting it on. it can be done but its easyer to take your time and have no leaks.

Its not MAF yet but will be. I would like to do a cam but funds are low. Even a timing cover is a stretch right now. My girlfriend went crazy on christmas on our new daughter. Next weekend I have all weekend to work on it and that is when I am going back over there to do it. I also am putting nitrous on it which I am accuring from my friend. I would love to have some help, any is always better espically since you just did this. I have all kinda of tools and a heated garage.

are you still on fisher???

id be down for lending a hand or know how

I now live in valleyview but my car is at my shop on fisher between hague and wilson. I will be there all weekend. Any help would be great. i am going to take some pictures of it and put them on here so you guys can see my situation.

^ So do you need to remove the plug and why is it there on the cover? I thought the block only has freeze plugs.

I think he means you'd have to install the plug when using a newer style block. The older small blocks had the dipstick through the timing cover.

^ When I get a cam it will either be x or f or a comp cam, thanks though. So do you need to remove the plug and why is it there on the cover? I thought the block only has freeze plugs.

i'd do a e cam for now and fuck comp cams nothing but bad luck i'll stick with camshaft innovations

^ When I get a cam it will either be x or f or a comp cam, thanks though. So do you need to remove the plug and why is it there on the cover? I thought the block only has freeze plugs.

none of those cams will work with your stock piston notches....

you'll either need to flycut or replace the pistons

Depends on how much it is but then once you do a cam you should do lifters, pushrods, RR's and a tune which I cant have done yet.

No... Your stock lifters, pushrods should be fine. You can go away with using the stock rockers and valve springs for now. Getting new springs is a good idea but for a tight budget like yours you can go with the stock ones for now. It's easy to put springs and rockers on the car later. You dont really need a tune unless you want to get every bit of HP out of the motor. You can do that later too. Put a cam in it since you are already there. You'll be kicking yourself in the ass for not doing it... (if you plan on keeping the car)...