gun question

norrix420

I bought a WASR 10 AK47 at a gun show about two months ago and i'm not really sure on the laws. Do i have to register this with ohio in any way? what is the best way to clean my AK? it is the first gun i have ever owned so i'm not sure on everything.

As for laws, read this:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55992

some of that applies to what you are asking, but short answer is no registration

and it's an AK, drag it through some mud and it'll shoot fine...

seriously though, get yourself a nice cleaning kit, either use a boresnake or cleaning rod and patches for the barrel with some Hoppe's or some other copper remover/cleaner shit. Pop off the dustplate or whatever its called on the top of the gun, hit the moving parts with A SMALL DROP of oil or CLP, and remove the gas tube and clean the carbon off the end of it.

Honestly though, it's an AK. You shouldn't have to clean it all that often.

I'm not sure how the WASR's are, but shoot it a bit and see how the trigger feels, that might be a trigger slap model. If you have any trouble with it you might have to install an aftermarket trigger, but that's only if its a problem