2000-2001 BMW 740il

Gergwheel1647545492

Are the 5 series any better from around the same years?

For the most part yes...

No matter what you get into BMW 3,5,7, Audi / a4,a6,a8, /Benz they are all going to have slightly higher maintenance costs and frequency than a honda/acura ect. of the same vintage (usually)

Some models particularly stand out though, like that 7 series, the A6 on the Audi side in particular has a very bad record.

I think the 740 front rotors are $200+ a piece

So are the ones for my Volvo. Youll find its cheaper to after market brakes on these cars than factory ones. you need some specialized tools of coarse, but you do what you gotta do.

Whatever you do, like with any car, have it inspected. Blagois on riverside drive near Upper Arlington always checked our bimmers before we bought them. They are kind of expensive, but they have the technology to back it up, Blagois that is.

If you want to baller on the cheap, get a 5 series with a 6 cylinder, and a 5 speed. The v8's are prone to issue, and the Auto's die on cue at 150k.

You can walk into a 97-99 (my favorite years) 5 speeds with M package for 5-6k MINT with low miles.

where you getting your prices from? I just checked egay and they are all like 9-10k. Also I really don't want a manual tranny. if its going to be my daily i want an auto.