Inauguration Day.....Things I've noticed so far

Fonzie

When the former presidents were congregating in the hall, getting ready to walk out on the balcony.....Bill Clinton warmly hugged George HW, as well as kissed Barbara on the cheek. Hillary gave a VERY standoffish handshakes to both :rolleyes:

When Jimmy Carter came in.....He also kissed Barbara on the cheek....Then walked right by Bill & George HW without saying a word to either :slap:

It's OFFICIAL!! unclesam.gif

He must've been a little nervous.....Normally a good speaker, but kinda messed up repeating his oath ;)

Edited by Fonzie
Forgot I had a smiley perfect for this thread! ;)

It's OFFICIAL!!

He must've been a little nervous.....Normally a good speaker, but kinda messed up repeating his oath ;)

Actually, it was the Justice who messed up the words and confused President Obama.

I enjoyed his speech. I especially enjoyed his reference to what General George Washington said to his troops, toward the end of his speech.

Actually, it was the Justice who messed up the words and confused President Obama.

Yeah.....I just heard Brokaw & crew say the Justice decided NOT to go with notes today :rolleyes: He's probably re-thinkin' that decision right now ;) I still think Obama must've been nervous though, as he cut the Justice off before he was done speaking, during the first part of the recitation

I enjoyed his speech. I especially enjoyed his reference to what General George Washington said to his troops, toward the end of his speech.
Missed that part of it

Yeah.....I just heard Brokaw & crew say the Justice decided NOT to go with notes today :rolleyes: He's probably re-thinkin' that decision right now ;) I still think Obama must've been nervous though, as he cut the Justice off before he was done speaking, during the first part of the recitation

Missed that part of it

It was towards the end of the speech.

"So let us mark this day with remembrance, of who we are and how far we have traveled. In the year of America’s birth, in the coldest of months, a small band of patriots huddled by dying campfires on the shores of an icy river. The capital was abandoned. The enemy was advancing. The snow was stained with blood. At a moment when the outcome of our revolution was most in doubt, the father of our nation ordered these words be read to the people:

“Let it be told to the future world…that in the depth of winter, when nothing but hope and virtue could survive…that the city and the country, alarmed at one common danger, came forth to meet [it].“

America. In the face of our common dangers, in this winter of our hardship, let us remember these timeless words. With hope and virtue, let us brave once more the icy currents, and endure what storms may come. Let it be said by our children’s children that when we were tested we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter; and with eyes fixed on the horizon and God’s grace upon us, we carried forth that great gift of freedom and delivered it safely to future generations."

It was towards the end of the speech.

"So let us mark this day with remembrance, of who we are and how far we have traveled. In the year of America’s birth, in the coldest of months, a small band of patriots huddled by dying campfires on the shores of an icy river. The capital was abandoned. The enemy was advancing. The snow was stained with blood. At a moment when the outcome of our revolution was most in doubt, the father of our nation ordered these words be read to the people:

“Let it be told to the future world…that in the depth of winter, when nothing but hope and virtue could survive…that the city and the country, alarmed at one common danger, came forth to meet [it].“

America. In the face of our common dangers, in this winter of our hardship, let us remember these timeless words. With hope and virtue, let us brave once more the icy currents, and endure what storms may come. Let it be said by our children’s children that when we were tested we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter; and with eyes fixed on the horizon and God’s grace upon us, we carried forth that great gift of freedom and delivered it safely to future generations."

VERY cool.....Thanx Pedro! thumb.gif I take it it's out there on the interweb already? ;)

I have to say I was impressed and I hope he holds true to everything he said.

just turn the freakin economy around and don't trample freedoms to do it, keep us all safe, and all will be fine with me...

Ditto

Signing first docs.....Southpaw

garfield, hoover, truman, ford, reagan, bush 1 and clinton were all lefties too. mccain is left handed as well.

i think there is a secret left handed cabal running this country.

and watch out for shittygsxr, he is a lefty too.

garfield, hoover, truman, ford, reagan, bush 1 and clinton were all lefties too. mccain is left handed as well.

Yeah.....I think they said on air, something about him being the 5th southpaw in a row??? :eek: