Lettuce discuss a day of work for me

Sam1647545489

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm sitting here at work, checking out some shit with this building automation system, and these mother fuckers have an alarm output for their fucking toaster.

Seriously, it says "pantry toaster".

Guys, alert NASA, our toast is not toasty enough. THIS IS SERIOUS. GO NOW. HELP.

this thread reminds me when i used to work for the city (brecksville, up north) in college, running the jackhammer. we'd break up driveway aprons that were being redone---what a bitch. some of the hardest physical work i ever did. if i remember right, the thing weighed 120lbs.

this thread reminds me when i used to work for the city (brecksville, up north) in college, running the jackhammer. we'd break up driveway aprons that were being redone---what a bitch. some of the hardest physical work i ever did. if i remember right, the thing weighed 120lbs.

Sure it wasn't a 90lb? That's pretty much the standard usually on air hammers. Oh, and do that to a 3.5' x 200' x 4' D trench, when your busting up dirt....yes dirt. Nothin like pullin that shit back out when it sinks in. Either way, it's a blasty blast.

I'd take pouring concrete over sawing/drilling concrete anyday.

False

You must be joking. When was the last time you used a 66" blade in the middle of a metal refinary with temps. over 120 degrees wearing steel toed boots, pants and long sleeves. Not simply for a few hours or days, but try weeks and months. You dont quit/slow down cutting concrete in the winter. Try having you carharts completely frozen with a 1/2" layer of ice all day long while you are continuously sprayed with slurry. Most guy sdont finish concrete by themselves. Cutting concrete you are almost always by yourself. You unload you whole truck on a daily basis, and if you need something, to bad your truck is not right at the work area since its not deemed necessary and it is to large so you must hoof it back to the truck for every little thing you were hoping you wouldnt need. Finishing concrete is pretty cut and dry sure there are issues that arise, but rare is is in the middle of a job is there the possibility that your hanging off the side of a sky scraper downtown, cutting through 480volt electric daily, cutting through wires that shut down everybank for 4 states, dropping through floors with a 1500lb road saw because noone saw a tunnel under where you are cutting, leaving for 8 month stays out of town on less than a days notice, drilling 66" holes in the side of a damn and hoping they are right when they gauged the pressure build up behind it, being called out at night for gas leaks and having the 4 trucks of firefighter staring at you holding hoses because there is a real possibility your not making it out alive. And that was just day 1.

I will take your back in 20 over mine in 20 yrs. I honestly think I will be cripple be age 50 or so. I am not saying that sawing isnt easy either. Trust me I have had ton of shit sawed for me and I know it takes alot of hard work and alot of hours. But I still think in the long run that laying concrete down, finishing will has more body abuse then the sawing whether it be your hands from trowel finishing, your wrists from swirl finishing or just plain your back from being bent over all day pulling concrete with a 1 man 12' straight edge cause the idiot raking behind you doesnt know his head from a hole in ground.

Sure it wasn't a 90lb? That's pretty much the standard usually on air hammers. Oh, and do that to a 3.5' x 200' x 4' D trench, when your busting up dirt....yes dirt. Nothin like pullin that shit back out when it sinks in. Either way, it's a blasty blast.

I'd take pouring concrete over sawing/drilling concrete anyday.

could be. it was heavy as fuck, that's all i know