Official Weight/muscle gain thread!

Jizzle Juice

Bust your ass in the gym. Eat a lot of protein they say 1.0-1.5 grams of proteing per pound of body weight. Drink at least a gallon of water a day. Diet is the key to getting bigger period. If you want fast results take steroids but I dont reccomend it. lol.

Fellas it comes down to calories, plain and simple. Graduating high school in 2000 at 18 years old I weighed 135-140. By 22 I was at the same weight and still pretty pissed off that I couldn't gain, even when taking myoplex mass and other stuff. I finally realized it was going to take even more eating because truly, anyone can gain weight, and anyone can lose weight. It just depends on caloric intake. I also have an insane metabolism -- what you have to do is eat high calorie meals every 3-4 hours. I just made sure I started eating the minute I got up in the morning and I would try to eat something every 1-2 hours, whether I was hungry or not. A lot of people had suggested to me to only weigh myself once a week. I found it was more encouraging to weigh myself daily as even seeing a pound of increase gave me hope that I could keep gaining. You need to watch what you eat, and be sure to work out so you don't put on a lot of fat weight. Oh and currently I weigh 197. ;) Trying to get to 210 by pool season.

i'll be in on this. I'm currently around 6ft 180lbs w/ about 10-11% bodyfat.

I also have retardly high fast metabolism so I gotta eat constantly to maintain/gain weight. I'm trying to hit 195-200 by summer so i'll start a simple journal in here for my weekly lifting/weight gain results

Good thread idea.

I just got a large Smokin' BBQ Chicken sub at Johnny B's with a large soda and a chocolate chip cookie. An I'm eating it at home on my couch while watching my big screen TV. I should be gaining weight at a pretty good rate. I definitely recommend this regimen to anyone. It takes discipline and focus, but I think I can stick it out. ;)

I have a question about all the protein drinks that are out there. I started Boxing about 2 weeks ago, I’m not looking to bulk up I just want to tone and condition really and so far it’s done great.

-But is there any advantage to adding a protein mix or other supplement to my diet to help burn some fat?

-What’s the difference between regular and lean muscle mass?

-What’s something that can be added to my diet to help burn some extra fat. (I’m not looking for a diet pill just something extra to help my workouts)

-And finally, can someone just give me the 1,2,3’s on how protein/muscle mass/ burning fat all work together?

I’m really getting into Boxing and it’s already help me loose weight and tone up, but I just want more! :cool:

Good thread idea.

I just got a large Smokin' BBQ Chicken sub at Johnny B's with a large soda and a chocolate chip cookie. An I'm eating it at home on my couch while watching my big screen TV. I should be gaining weight at a pretty good rate. I definitely recommend this regimen to anyone. It takes discipline and focus, but I think I can stick it out. ;)

Johnny B's has the best freakin sandwiches, plus the wifey works there so I get to eat it alot. But thats probably my problem. When I was marathon training I could whatever I wanted and wouldn't gain an ounce, now I have no problem gaining the bad kind of weight. I work out 3-4 days a week but am not dedicated enough anymore to gain muscle. Last year I did the whole regiment for months and couldnt change a thing, so I think I gave up mentally