OSU vs. Texas

Dr. Apex

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree about the defense. They stayed agressive and Texas knew that. Took advantage of the blitzes on the last drive. They probably would have stopped Texas if they would have backed out of the blitzes a few times on that last drive.

If they weren't aggressive, then we'd be sitting here saying, "Wow, we just sat back and allowed Colt McCoy to pick us apart!!1!1!"

If they weren't aggressive, then we'd be sitting here saying, "Wow, we just sat back and allowed Colt McCoy to pick us apart!!1!1!"

No, they needed to mix it up. Texas knew exactly what they were doing. Quick passes with the LB's tied up at the line. They needed to back off at the snap a few times. Bad adjustment, again, by Heacock.

We definitely weren't ready for the hurry-up offense and going 3 & out two possessions in a row didn't really give our D much chance to rest up. Having said that, they did a very good job against the #1 pass % QB in the NCAA.

TP in '09 is going to be something special. (Mark it down)

No, they needed to mix it up. Texas knew exactly what they were doing. Quick passes with the LB's tied up at the line. They needed to back off at the snap a few times. Bad adjustment, again, by Heacock.

Then we'll just have to agree to disagree, because I thought the defense couldn't have played much better or the defensive schemes to have been dramatically improved.

Remember, this was a Texas team that was scoring, what, 44 points a game? And Ohio State held them to 24. Considering the high-powered offense that Texas has, I would think a whole lot of people would say, just based on the score alone, Ohio State's defense played well.

We definitely weren't ready for the hurry-up offense and going 3 & out two possessions in a row didn't really give our D much chance to rest up. Having said that, they did a very good job against the #1 pass % QB in the NCAA.

TP in '09 is going to be something special. (Mark it down)

Big +1.

Great game. Painful to watch at times, I laughed some as well...

Drove by Tressel's house on my way home from the OSU party also, so I've got that going for me...private security at the house, natch. Can't get any soo-veniers. :p

Then we'll just have to agree to disagree, because I thought the defense couldn't have played much better or the defensive schemes to have been dramatically improved.

Remember, this was a Texas team that was scoring, what, 44 points a game? And Ohio State held them to 24. Considering the high-powered offense that Texas has, I would think a whole lot of people would say, just based on the score alone, Ohio State's defense played well.

At times the defense looked great. It just seemed like at the end of the game the blitzes were called at the wrong time. Even all the analysts are bitching about the blitzes at the end of the game. They just needed to mix it up more, they never confused McCoy, he just picked apart the defense in the 2nd half.

What cracks me up is that even being the underdog and losing by 3 pts in the last :16 to the #3 team in the country, OSU still sucks and the ESPN bashing has already begun.

I are amused.

They would have bashed OSU even if they won. They would have said Texas played horribly instead of giving OSU credit.

LJ, I take it back a bit: the defense on the last play was absolutely baffling. Not sure why we didn't have someone deep to keep them out of the endzone.

That's what I am talking about. They were conservative when there was still 1 1/2 quarters left, and too aggressive when there was 15 seconds left.

LJ, I take it back a bit: the defense on the last play was absolutely baffling. Not sure why we didn't have someone deep to keep them out of the endzone.

+1

I believe Freeman was the closest once he got by Russell & Jenkins...and he wasn't close enough.