Mean trick - manual transmission lovers

zeitgeist57

I just enjoy operating a car with 3 pedals and a stick shift. If it's got buttons or paddles on the steering wheel, it's an automatic. If it has an automatic transmission BUT IT HAS A MANU-MATIC MODE....guess what?...still an automatic.

So, when I'm cruising auto sites and fleaBay...and I am searching for a MANUAL transmission vehicle, why would you put your autotragic transmission piece of crap down as a manual?

If a car is black, I would put the color down as black...not red or silver. If the car is a convertible, I would make sure to put that in the description as well. These are major factors for most people in buying a particular vehicle. So, why do people feel that they can convince someone that their vehicle's AUTO is just like a stick shift? I've driven autos and "selected" gears 1,2,3 and beyond using the gates...it's NOT the same thing!!!!!!

To anyone selling a vehicle on the intarnets:

1) If it has an automatic transmission, please don't advertise it as anything else but that.

2) If I speak to you about your vehicle for sale, and it's an automatic...please don't tell me that it's a "manu-matic". It's still an automatic and your response to my question is unacceptable.

3) Don't tell me you REALLY wanted to get a manual version of your vehicle but couldn't because of 1) wife, 2) traffic, 3) awesome deal you got on the car. I don't need your half-ass approach at life affecting my enjoyment of driving. I have a wife that drives stick, and I live in OH (weak ass traffic and flat terrain). Your excuses for wimping along with an automatic don't work on me.

Thank you, and have a great life.

/rant.

My brother had a Mazda 6 with one of those. He said he fiddled with the manual shifter thing for like a day, then just left it in D the rest of the two years because it's stupid.

+1. its in the g/fs mazda3, i used it for shits and giggles for a day, and never since. its gayness

+1. its in the g/fs mazda3, i used it for shits and giggles for a day, and never since. its gayness

Yeah I had a mazda 3 as a rental car for a week. The up and down shifting is weak. I want a clutch if it is manual!

My brother had a Mazda 6 with one of those. He said he fiddled with the manual shifter thing for like a day, then just left it in D the rest of the two years because it's stupid.

I used the paddles in my GXP all the time. It was only a 4spd, but it made it more enjoyable anyway.

On the road around town the car wanted to shift way too early. I never made it a habit of redlining the thing, but I would like to take first and second higher than 2,00rpms. Paddles made that happen easily.

Also, on the highway if you went to pass someone from 72mph or higher, it wouldn't downshift to 2nd, only 3rd. Using the paddles you could kick it down another gear and make use of the power much better.

Oddly, much like my previous GTP's when at the track, best times would be had by launching in D / full Auto, but then you had to hold 2nd gear manually otherwise it would shift early.

Needless to say, the 6spd is one of the things I like most about the MS3. Clutch it pretty grabby and not as linear as a Honda, making it more difficult for my wife to drive, but I couldn't imagine driving it with an auto. Tried an auto WRX and Legacy GT once and hated it. Even in their manumatic mode, the turbo 4cyl. never felt like it was in a sweet spot like the manual provided it.

my mazda 3 has the same. It makes it a litle more enjoyable to drive but it is def not the same. (was the first auto my wife bought due to her having problems with her knees)

That sucks. The 3's are dogs with an automatic.