CR Road Racing Day?

MrMeanGreen

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I could bring out the Miata in novice class, I would be there in a second! This would be my first run on a road course (not counting a few summers of autox) so I might be really slow....

Are roll cages required?

I second what everyone else says about the price; the $100-$150 range would be great.

Not to be a party pooper here but most of you should expect this to cost >$200 unless we do a private rental and have like 75 people guaranteed to attend.

Thats why Nelson was soo appealing to those of us who went last year at $120....and I think only 5 people showed up to that.

Maybe I'll be suprised and someplace like Putnam or Bluegrass will be cheaper to rent then I imagine. I was lucky enough to go to a private rental of Mid Ohio a couple years back. I think we had 60 cars total that day. Entry was $400 for a single day but for the amount of track time we got and the lack of traffic it was priceless. I'm fairly sure the host lost money on the deal due to lack of attendance.

You could buy mine. It's slow but I'm sure if you have the cash you could make it very very quick.

v8 and it's like an M3 just lighter, and a rag top.

I'm not a big BMW guy. I am trying to land a Datsun Z car, but thanks for the offer.

Not to be a party pooper here but most of you should expect this to cost >$200 unless we do a private rental and have like 75 people guaranteed to attend.

Thats why Nelson was soo appealing to those of us who went last year at $120....and I think only 5 people showed up to that.

Maybe I'll be suprised and someplace like Putnam or Bluegrass will be cheaper to rent then I imagine. I was lucky enough to go to a private rental of Mid Ohio a couple years back. I think we had 60 cars total that day. Entry was $400 for a single day but for the amount of track time we got and the lack of traffic it was priceless. I'm fairly sure the host lost money on the deal due to lack of attendance.

Is bluegrass even finished yet? I can almost promise that that place would be too pricey, just from what I remember seeing on their website. Seems like a very upscale kinda place.

Is bluegrass even finished yet? I can almost promise that that place would be too pricey, just from what I remember seeing on their website. Seems like a very upscale kinda place.

There's a Lapping day there in May organized by the S2000 club that was like $225 for the single day. But I have no clue how many cars they're planning on having.

The track is VERY close to being done. The Pavement is down as you can see from the Youtube link above.

Andy

Forgot the shameless Firehead plug in my previous post. :)

If this does happen, I will be taking pics/vids (of the event in general, and then of specific cars [for a small fee of course]) if anyone's interested.

I will be getting a few different camera mounts in addition to my tripods, so I will have in-car mounting (I'm hoping) for caged and non-caged cars.

Now, let's make this happen!

Forgot the shameless Firehead plug in my previous post. :)

If this does happen, I will be taking pics/vids (of the event in general, and then of specific cars [for a small fee of course]) if anyone's interested.

I will be getting a few different camera mounts in addition to my tripods, so I will have in-car mounting (I'm hoping) for caged and non-caged cars.

Now, let's make this happen!

Im interested if it happens...

seems like this would be a blast...wish i had a real car now

Civics are pleanty capable. NASA runs an entire series (Honda Challenge) of Front Drive Honda's that are pretty quick. There was a local Honda Challenge car at one of my track days last year that was stupid quick.