apartment questions

Guest tbutera2112

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112

ok the way im thinking is that me and my gf would need a combined income of 2 grand per month before we start looking at places ... that would cover rent, utilities, internet and cable, food, and car insurance *safe auto minimum coverage...stang wont be on the policy*...does that seem reasonable if we found a place where rent is about 500

i factored in the distance we drive to figure out how much gas we would need... a guesstimate at utilities... my food bills currently *times 2*....and i guessed at insurance too, but it was a high guess....i over estimated at all the expenses and came up with about 2 grand per month....sound reasonable?

ok the way im thinking is that me and my gf would need a combined income of 2 grand per month before we start looking at places ... that would cover rent, utilities, internet and cable, food, and car insurance *safe auto minimum coverage...stang wont be on the policy*...does that seem reasonable if we found a place where rent is about 500

i factored in the distance we drive to figure out how much gas we would need... a guesstimate at utilities... my food bills currently *times 2*....and i guessed at insurance too, but it was a high guess....i over estimated at all the expenses and came up with about 2 grand per month....sound reasonable?

That sounds reasonable for 1 person. If you want to include the GF you should double the amount. Shit will happen trust me. I would say if you want to do it with only 2K a month then you better have at least $6000 in the savings account before you move out. Yes that sounds very difficult but look at it this way, it gets much harder to save money when you live on your own, and if you get laid off you will be able to pay bills for 3 months.

Guest tbutera2112
That sounds reasonable for 1 person. If you want to include the GF you should double the amount. Shit will happen trust me. I would say if you want to do it with only 2K a month then you better have at least $6000 in the savings account before you move out. Yes that sounds very difficult but look at it this way, it gets much harder to save money when you live on your own, and if you get laid off you will be able to pay bills for 3 months.

why double the amount? i understand about things coming up, and that makes sense... but double?

why double the amount? i understand about things coming up, and that makes sense... but double?

Females cost more to maintain then males. I know first hand that women go to the doctor much more per year then males. You have extra cash set aside for medical bills?

Guest tbutera2112
Females cost more to maintain then males. I know first hand that women go to the doctor much more per year then males. You have extra cash set aside for medical bills?

what are medical bills? i work at ups lol...

i pay 5% of medical bills up to 1 grand per year, never have to pay more *only on major stuff such as surgery*

ER is 25

doc office is 10

perscriptions are free

what are medical bills? i work at ups lol...

i pay 5% of medical bills up to 1 grand per year, never have to pay more *only on major stuff such as surgery*

ER is 25

doc office is 10

perscriptions are free

You have better insurance then I do and I work for an insurance company. What happens after you shell out the 1 grand in a year? Does the insurance company split the bill 80/20% ? That is what happens with me. Paying 20% adds up real quick.

I made so many medical payments last year I got a good tax deduction on them.

Guest tbutera2112
You have better insurance then I do and I work for an insurance company. What happens after you shell out the 1 grand in a year? Does the insurance company split the bill 80/20% ? That is what happens with me. Paying 20% adds up real quick.

I made so many medical payments last year I got a good tax deduction on them.

nope...after i pay my 1000 everything is fully covered... i pay 5 percent of any major medical expense, up to 1000 dollars per year, after that 1000 is hit, i dont pay another dime

for instance, ive done PT this year for my arm *well, in 2008*... i went a few times a week for a few weeks, plus x rays and doc office etc... it cost me 68 dollars total for 20+ visits... so no matter happens the rest of that year, i will not have to pay more than 932 dollars...

best part is ups gives full benefits to part time...they cover medical, dental, and i even have life insurance...theres quite a few people i work with who only have the job for the benfits.... 15-20 hours per week... up to 30 during december/jan...not too bad

(this is Derek's wife)

If this helps at all, I work at a place that does market research for real estate and basically all we do is survey apartment complexes. I know we just did a Reynoldsburg survey, so we should have fairly recent information.

What bed/bath type are you looking for? Amenities (pool, fitness center, etc)? Interior features? Do you want a garage option?

You won't find anything in Reynoldsburg that includes cable in the rent. My husband and I lived in the Woodland Trace townhomes off of Tussing, we paid $750 for a two bedroom with two detached garages. Water was $20 a month, and we paid electric and cable on top of that.

Let me know and I will pull what we have at work tomorrow. There are a lot of ghetto places in Reynoldsburg, so you have to be careful.

Guest tbutera2112
(this is Derek's wife)

If this helps at all, I work at a place that does market research for real estate and basically all we do is survey apartment complexes. I know we just did a Reynoldsburg survey, so we should have fairly recent information.

What bed/bath type are you looking for? Amenities (pool, fitness center, etc)? Interior features? Do you want a garage option?

You won't find anything in Reynoldsburg that includes cable in the rent. My husband and I lived in the Woodland Trace townhomes off of Tussing, we paid $750 for a two bedroom with two detached garages. Water was $20 a month, and we paid electric and cable on top of that.

Let me know and I will pull what we have at work tomorrow. There are a lot of ghetto places in Reynoldsburg, so you have to be careful.

pool fitness center all that is not something i am looking at... i just want a roof over my head...neither of us have cars worth garaging *my mustang will be staying at my moms house so i dont have to insure it...its covered under our home owners policy*... 1 bed room 1 bath is the only req... and i appreciate the offer to look it up at your job for me, but its really not necessary... im just trying to get a basic idea of what im looking at so i can start to prepare myself...this wont be happening for atleast another year

if we got a place together we would probably get married, and its like 5 bucks a month to add her onto my insurance

Well you could probably make it then on 2K a month after taxes and deductions. You still should have some money in the savings before you get a place though.

I was in arbua for 2 weeks straight in December and I set my furnace to the lowest setting which was 55F. My gas bill for December was $400 no joke!

wow your windows/insulation are horrible. I normally pay 250-275 for 68* and 2300sqft. My boss, :lol: he pays almost $550

I live east off 40/310 there are some nice places in reynoldsburg and the outsides of pataskala. the best palce would be fairfield county. taxes are 6.25%, you just have to avoid pickerington for their school tax.

Guest tbutera2112
Well you could probably make it then on 2K a month after taxes and deductions. You still should have some money in the savings before you get a place though.

cool thats what i was thinking, im aiming at a bigger budget than 2k though...im just tossing numbers around and trying to get a feel for what im looking at

Guest tbutera2112
wow your windows/insulation are horrible. I normally pay 250-275 for 68* and 2300sqft. My boss, :lol: he pays almost $550

I live east off 40/310 there are some nice places in reynoldsburg and the outsides of pataskala. the best palce would be fairfield county. taxes are 6.25%, you just have to avoid pickerington for their school tax.

that could be a possibility, but im trying to stay closer to the east side of columbus... rey, gahanna, pickerington, blacklick...stuff right around where im at now... driving to ups sucks, and i dont wanna make my drive much further than it already is

I have single pane crank open windows. They suck hardcore.

I'm going to recomend a 2 bedroom apartment if you are living with a girl that way if or when you need to throw her out you have space for a roomate is also provodies an extra storage/office/computer space

I had a two bedroom in reynoldsburg at main and haft for about 500 water included it did not have washer or dryer hookups but it did have a luandry room

I'm around 850 now for a 2 story three bedroom townhouse with an attached garage and full basement with washer dryer hookups still in reynoldsburg

if your not getting a garage don't keep anything of value in your car and leave the doors unlocked it'll keep random thieves from smashing out your windows