Where to get ears cropped

04r1

I've had great service from PetLovers AH in Reynoldsburg, on Main Street just off Brice. Worth calling to check and see if they do.

Although if you aren't going to show the dog in conformation, why bother? The Europeans don't do it... it's really a bloody mess and a BIG headache.

Can anyone recommend a place to get ears cropped on a doberman?

I have three dobermans, and I wouldn't crop their ears. I just like the natural ear look. Also, I'm pretty sure getting a dogs ears cropped is a long process instead of one procedure, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the comments idiots. If i wanted your opinion on if i should get them done or not I would have asked. Its not my dog anyway, its a co workers.

welcome to posting on a public forum

Sorry some of us don't believe in animal cruelty.\

Idiot.

That being said, your coworkers vet should be able to do it, and based on the fact that you are asking for this person, about this, i would imagine they don't have a regular vet.

Your poor co workers dog.:(

welcome to posting on a public forum

Sorry some of us don't believe in animal cruelty.\

Idiot.

That being said, your coworkers vet should be able to do it, and based on the fact that you are asking for this person, about this, i would imagine they don't have a regular vet.

Your poor co workers dog.:(

Thanks for your great input :rolleyes:

What other benefit does cropping have other than suiting the owner's personal taste? Is he literally physically attracted to the dog?

No reason....IMO, not worth it, old-school style, not the in-thing any more and cruel. With Dobi's it will actually funnel water into their ear when it rains so they often don't like going outside when it does. They need to be done before the pup is 12wks and even if done by an expert, there's no guarantee they will even stand. The process of training the ears is a PIA too as it will take many weeks of taping them. What's worse is it makes 'puppy-hood' miserable for the dog and quite honestly the owner too. The joy of a very young happy pup is lost and that IMO, makes it not worth it. Not to mention, I've seen several rescue pups (mainly boxers) that had hack jobs done and scars in place due to infections due to poor owner attention after the crop.

No reason....IMO, not worth it, old-school style, not the in-thing any more and cruel. With Dobi's it will actually funnel water into their ear when it rains so they often don't like going outside when it does. They need to be done before the pup is 12wks and even if done by an expert, there's no guarantee they will even stand. The process of training the ears is a PIA too as it will take many weeks of taping them. What's worse is it makes 'puppy-hood' miserable for the dog and quite honestly the owner too. The joy of a very young happy pup is lost and that IMO, makes it not worth it.

My dog has the goofiest expressions that would not be possible without his full ears. I saw a puppy at my vet who had his ears taped up-right; is THAT from cropping them?! He looked miserable. :(

My dog has the goofiest expressions that would not be possible without his full ears. I saw a puppy at my vet who had his ears taped up-right; is THAT from cropping them?! He looked miserable. :(

agree....our two as well. tape on the dog you saw...yep. they are likely there for a check up. I'm sure they'll have fun taping them for the next 1-3 months. :rolleyes: Again, poor pup.