my dad passed away tonight....

Guest tbutera2112

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112
Wow. Terribly sorry to hear about your loss man, that really sucks. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Try and keep your head up bro, just remember he's in a better place

i know...and thanks....im glad hes in a better place, but i would much rather have him here...just 5 more minutes...

Guest tbutera2112

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/0727071631.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/287400037_974845078_0.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/287399456_974843015_0.jpg

our pride and joys...i just wish i had the money and storage space to keep his car and restore all the things it needed...it was still a work in progress

Guest tbutera2112
you want to do everything/anything you can to keep his car.....anything. you read storys all the time on the net about people looking for there dads old car and most of the time don't find it.

im still tossing around ideas....but it really isnt looking good....my only options are renting out a storage unit for it or selling my stang... and im not sure if i can afford a storage unit

Guest tbutera2112
and i know my dad wouldnt want me to give up my car to keep his around....ide like to fix it up and leave it how it is... put a smaller pulley on it and drop the boost down... get it tuned...get the temp gauge working....repaint the hatch....then just have it as a cruiser, maybe take it out sometimes in rememberance of him... i just dont know what my options are...for the mean time im going to put it at my grandmas house in the driveway....its one of the last things on my mind right now though really.... i dont even want to think about where im going to put all his stuff...quad, bike, car, truck... i just want him back, then he can use his own stuff...

Guest tbutera2112
you can get a storage unit for 40$/mo. shit, you could rent out one of the garages here at my complex (1/4 mile from your house) for 50$/mo.

is that all they cost? if so, then i will be looking into that for sure...are they big enough to cram his car plus a vmax into one?

it could probably be done. i actually just happened to check because a buddy at work is looking for a place to stay (he bought a house 2 hours away in his hometown, and moving out of his appt with roommates since they're having a kid), and i told him if i can get a garage near my unit, i'd clear out the 2nd bedroom and let him stay there. she called me monday and said theres a few available down by me for that price. they have some down the street (same complex) that seem a bit wider. like 1.5 car wide.

Guest tbutera2112
i cant imagine what your going trough. sry tyler for your loss.

yea...ive got his wallet and cell phone sitting here and it hurts to even look at them....hes had the wallet for as long as i can remember, ever since i was a kid... i swapped all my stuff over to it and im going to start using it...its nice and broken in and all the stitching is still good... he was wearing his favorite sweatshirt too...they had to cut all his clothes off...ive got the stuff he was wearing hanging up to dry and im going to fold it up and put it in a box and keep it in our crawlspace...i dont want to get rid of it...i dont know what is going to happen with all his clothes and personal items...my mom is going to help me with all of that..

Maybe someone on here has some extra space they can hook you up with for a while.

x2 im sure someone would be reasonable enough to charge u a fair price. And if theres anything u need man just ask like it was stated it doesnt hurt to cry at first i didnt and it was bad i held it in and it cost me alot i got into alot of trouble and its kinda why im a hot head now. But when i let it out it helped sooo much so crying over a loss doesnt make u any less of a man it makes you more of one! QFT

Guest tbutera2112
idk... ill figure out the car situations later...the car is at his friends house right now... ill be moving it to my grandmas when the snow clears... iill figure the rest out later... i can park his truck in my driveway and park my probe on the street... the rest ill deal with later...idw talk about moving his stuff anymore...i just wish he was here to enjoy all his things still...

condolences man, that's really awful.

as for the car, think of it this way. your car is important to you, but it may not and probably won't be your car forever. you may want to move on from it someday, but your dad's car is an important memory of him. if it comes down to your car or his, i think he'd be happy to lend his to you while you got the money together for another project.