my dad passed away tonight....

Guest tbutera2112

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hear about your dad...he will be there when you graduate. I lost my dad and then my mom a year later. You always want to talk to them one more time. Takes a long time to heal....not sure if you ever do completely. At least I haven't.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Keep the car, you'll regret it later if you don't. Andy and I share our father's favorite watch. One of us has either worn it or wound it (automatic) every singe day since he left us over 2 years ago.

Sorry to hear about your loss man. I lost my dad 2 years ago in a motorcycle accident and my mom in November. Words cannot describe what pain you must be in right now. If you need anyone to talk to about it im available. I truly do know what it feels like and its the worse thing in the world.

Sorry man, life is more fragile than any of us want to believe. Just makes me realize that saying "we should take a trip sometime" needs to be more like "lets go". I have only just met my dad in the last 10 years and he and I have become close.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Guest tbutera2112
thanks for the support everyone... im just trying to take it day by day and get everything worked out..my mom is a wreck, her and my dad were together for 20 years and to this day were best friends...i think shes taking it the worst so im trying to hold it together for her... we gotta go get a bunch of stuff taken care of today

he was 41...42 next month... he had a heart attack when he was 34, got 4 stints... he couldnt afford to buy all of his heart medication....he had another one today while shoveling snow at work and they could not get his heart started

he was in good shape physically, worked out every day at his job since he was a teenager, always doing tree work electrical work etc etc... it was caused by excessive drinking and smoking...

i think im just in shock right now...i cried a lot when i was in the trauma room with him...but now i just feel numb...i feel like i want to cry really bad but i cant...

i guess theres no real point to this post, but i needed to just tell somebody...me and my dad were really close...we didnt spend near enough time together as i would have liked... i talked to him this morning and the last words i said to him were i love you i will talk to you later....he was supposed to come over saturday and help me fix my seatbelt...i think thats when its going to hit me hard, when he doesnt show up on saturday...

Dude man I'm so sorry to hear that.