Flying via Southwest?

KillJoy

The seat order is actually determined by when you check in. You can check in online up to twenty four hours in advance and they will place you in a group based on when you check in and how many people checked in before you. The groups are A, B, or C and I think they are numbered too..

http://southwest.com/travel_center/checkin.html

much better than days gone by. A-B-C groups & #1-50 for standing in line. just check in online immediately 24hrs prior to the flight. You'd be surprised how all the A's and most of the B's check in within just a few minutes.

big planes, friendly/almost goofy staff, and you pick the seat. not bad really. I don't fly them too often, but I enjoy it when I do.

I love southwest.. Always use them when going to Orlando, Tampa or Vegas. And the 1-50 has been going on for some time now, doing away with the old way was a good thing.

I agree. The new system is some much better than the old free for all system they used to have.