A Marauder Friend has passed....

KillJoy

Since I am no longer on the Marauder Forum, I decided to post this here.

I do not care if anyone else here cares about it or not. I met Steve for the first time this last Summer, along with his girlfriend, at a Marauder Meet in Cleveland. . He was a a pretty cool guy with a great outlook on life. It seemed nothing would ever get him down. He and I spoke online quite often, and even shared several cold ones.

RIP Steven. You WILL be missed.

Car Crash

KillJoy

Edited by KillJoy

What kind of car was that? Looked like it smashed the rear of the car?

It was a Mercury Marauder. Apparently he hit a patch of Black Ice, the car spun around, and the rear of the car smashed into a bridge support. From the pics, it looks like he might have been speeding. :(

KillJoy

It was a Mercury Marauder. Apparently he hit a patch of Black Ice, the car spun around, and the rear of the car smashed into a bridge support. From the pics, it looks like he might have been speeding. :(

KillJoy

I'd say speeding was a factory, those cars can usually take a beating. This is sad. :(

wow sorry to hear Steve, its amazing with a big body, huge trunk, and full frame it didn't take an impact better than that... I'm wondering if the speeds were upwards of 100+.. was the car modded out or stock?

It was not Boosted. Speed = ???

I have yet to be able to get ahold of his girlfriend.

:(

KillJoy

its amazing with a big body, huge trunk, and full frame it didn't take an impact better than that

I think the car did amazingly well considering the impact. I mean the trunk and entire rear end of the car is pushed forward. Hell, look at the third photo and where the wheels are.

No question he was speeding. That's some pretty amazing damage. I can only imagine the forces on his neck as he flew back in the seat. :eek: