Any real beer drinkers here?

Trouble Maker

Crazy, didn't see that.

Not that interested in the party, just the beer drinking.

I think they've chnaged the rules for the better this year. Really the only thing they added was that draft's count. So instead of doing 100 out of 100, you do 100 out of 150. You'll still drink lots of different beers/types you would have never other wise drank. Though I don't blame you for not wanting to do it a second year in a row.

Mike, you know you can always crash if you need to... but I don't think every night would work out. :p

I guess I should explain a bit more about the party being weak.

In the email they sent, they stated the party started at 2pm. Me and my friend that I completed the tour with worked out a ride there, and showed up at 2pm.

Email:

Crosswoods and Bethel Road World Tour Finisher Party

January 18th at the Crosswoods Winking Lizard Tavern

2pm-5pm. Over $2000 in prizes and giveaways!

As soon as we walked in, it seemed rather odd the place was already filled considering we were there 10min early. Turns out the party started at one. Awesome.

When we signed up for the tour we were told we could drink whatever beer we wanted at the party for free – not the case. They only give out x amount of left over beers, and by the time we showed up it was already gone. We were left with the choice of Labatt, Coors, or Hoegarden. That's it. The rest we would have to pay for.

You also have to pay $15 for the party, even after the $10 to start the tour, and all the money you've spent on beer/food throughout the year.

Cliffs: I'm doing the tour at the pub this year.

Crazy, didn't see that.

Not that interested in the party, just the beer drinking.

I think they've chnaged the rules for the better this year. Really the only thing they added was that draft's count. So instead of doing 100 out of 100, you do 100 out of 150. You'll still drink lots of different beers/types you would have never other wise drank. Though I don't blame you for not wanting to do it a second year in a row.

Mike, you know you can always crash if you need to... but I don't think every night would work out. :p

I like the extra beer, but since most of them are seasonal it will make it a PITA to drink them all - though I think now you don't even have to drink ALL of the beer, correct? It's something like 100, and they've got 170 different beers this year IIRC.

I like the extra beer, but since most of them are seasonal it will make it a PITA to drink them all - though I think now you don't even have to drink ALL of the beer, correct? It's something like 100, and they've got 170 different beers this year IIRC.

Exactly, they say over 150 and you still 'only' have to drink 100 of them. They still have something like 90 bottles that are there all of the time. Then the drafts are mostly seasonal, like they always have been. It's just that they count towards the tour now.

Sounds pretty lame about the party, I'll pass on that. I just want to drink the beers and get the members only jacket.

Can you transfer your list between separate Lizards? Like can you drink a few at one, take your card, swipe it as you drink at another one, and have it all count towards the total?

They keep track of them on their computers and can drink any of the beers at any of the stores. You just have to drink your last one at your home store (where you originally signed up) to get your jacket. Not sure why that's a rule, but it is. You can even go online this year and check your progress.

Can you transfer your list between separate Lizards? Like can you drink a few at one, take your card, swipe it as you drink at another one, and have it all count towards the total?

Yes, you can also get beer to go and if you're a bitch you can have other people drink beers for you as long as you buy them.

Hmm sounds sweet. I love trying different kinds of beer. What's the deal with the tour at the Pub? I definitely like the vibe there better than the Lizard.

Same style deal basically, ~50 beers, gets you a discount on pints for life.

If you drink a beer at every Pub location you get an even greater discount on pints for life.

It's at Polaris, behind the new Barnes & Nobel. I couldn't see it from my car, I had to get out and walk into that new outdoor place they have to find it. I didn't actually get to eat or grab a drink there when I went though, it was CRAZY packed.

Never been to the pub, where's it at?

It kind of helps that I can walk to the Winking Lizard on Bethel. :cool:

Pub is at Polaris, next to the Cheesecake Factory.

That's where I grew up, I've lived in that area my whole life. You'll probably run into me, I still hang out around there from time to time.