Stuck cars thread........which ones did you see?

Aaron

My Rant for the morning.....

1. Turn left using your turn signal and keeping left. You don't need lines to see where turn lanes are. Had a nice little in-car rant with a chick trying to turn left from the fucking far-ass right side of a road with a turn lane as I left my kids school. BTW.......scrape your fucking windows off all the way too you dumb bitch!

2. Don't slam on your brakes if you don't have ABS. Dumb fuck in a late 90's Accord did a 360 then a 180 and just kept going the other way with his hazards on. Thankfully I had already made it past his slow ass. Leave distance you ass-hat! Just goes to show going slow as hell and blocking traffic as cars then go around isn't necessarily safer.

3. If your daily driver is a RWD car/SUV and don't buy snow tires in OH you are officially a dumbfuck and cheap. Give up the car, fuck-off and walk or stay home. You make thousands of others late for their day.

4. If you drive a FWD Crossover and don't buy snow tires, car some fucking sand or kitty litter in your trunk! Then get un-stuck and go buy some snow tires!!

5. If you can't drive at least 25mph in snow/slush like we had yesterday or today, then STAY THE FUCK HOME!!! If you must venture out stay the hell off two lane roads too.

6. I'm all for talking and driving but if you do any of the above stay the fuck off the phone and blackberry while behind the wheel.

Cops should be able to site drivers like the above for being stupid and suggest to the judge they take a winter driving course before they get their license back.

/rant I feel better.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. If your daily driver is a RWD car/SUV and don't buy snow tires in OH you are officially a dumbfuck and cheap. Give up the car, fuck-off and walk or stay home. You make thousands of others late for their day.

I made it all last winter on summer sport tires w/o getting stuck or driving in the slow crowd in RWD.

If it got to bad- The "Blizzard" I just did not go out.

The only challenging part is starting from a dead stop. Once you get moving your momentum will carry you when you find a set speed w/o going all over the place. Most people don't understand this.

All season tires work just fine. Dedicated snow tires are not worth it in this state. I almost got Blizzaks this year, but it would have been a waste.

Me and my buddy were driving home from downtown last night and there was a stretch of freeway that was covered in snow. The first thing the guy one lane over did was slam on his brakes the second he hit the set of snow. Why in the hell would you do that?

It's ridiculous how smart some of these business people are, but can't use common sense!

I made it all last winter on summer sport tires w/o getting stuck or driving in the slow crowd in RWD.

Last winter was nothing really. One big snow...the rest were like 2-4" falls. No big deal. Even my GXP on Summer only tires made it. She was however stuck at the airport for a few days when the big one hit. But then I was out of town :)

If it got to bad- The "Blizzard" I just did not go out.

Smart man.

The only challenging part is starting from a dead stop. Once you get moving your momentum will carry you when you find a set speed w/o going all over the place. Most people don't understand this.

yes and no....sure momentum will carry you and starting is tough...but then every single car I saw this week was stuck from a start....so it is key to use good rubber....and knowing how to drive a stick. The real key thing is to understand that momentum will not help you corner, change lanes or stop. again, good rubber is where it's at. Having limited slip on my MS3 helps too...unless you try and power around a curve and have fun

Dedicated snow tires are not worth it in this state. I almost got Blizzaks this year, but it would have been a waste.

Not worth what? A few hundred bucks to put you in far better control of a vehicle? it just might save your life.....or mine if you use them. Seriously....snow tires aren't just for snow. Anytime temps drop below 40 degrees, my LM25's will of course out-handle my summer only tires and I do believe they grip far better than any all season tire out there at temps below 40 too. Just driving my car with a lot more power in comparison to my wife's, lessor powered and heavier vehicle, the difference can be felt easily. Her's does okay, but no way near as well. Especially noticeable on ice or frozen roads. making turns or stopping is where they really show through.

Compound and tread design make them worth every penny. Besides, what's a few hundred bucks every 3-4yrs. Sell them with the car should sell the ride. They will sell immediately on the web regardless.

I spent 50 per tire for all season treads and I have not been close to getting stuck thus far. I've been out every day in this crap delivering pizzas.

Dedicated winter tires IMO not worth it where we live. A little further north of Columbus and I would invest.

Both my Subarus get snows in the winter. Sure, I could get by with no-seasons and AWD, but I'd rather be safe and have the added control that dedicated snows give me.

Jack-of-all-trades, Master of none. All-Seasons have to span a temperature range that's way outside what rubber likes. So they end up being too hard in the winter. Plus, to keep them from being torn up in the summer when the rubber gets to it's upper limits in temps, the tread design doesn't have the clearing capability that true snows have so they clog easily.

The biggest advantage of snows over all-seasons? Stopping. No all-season can stop like a dedicated snow.

Remember, you can be perfectly fine with All-seasons on snow. But that idiot that just went sideways right in front of you isn't, and you'll have to either stop or avoid him. Which tires would you rather have for that?

I spent 50 per tire for all season treads and I have not been close to getting stuck thus far. I've been out every day in this crap delivering pizzas.

Dedicated winter tires IMO not worth it where we live. A little further north of Columbus and I would invest.

I would stale face the fuck out of you if you really tried to tell me this in person.

Snow tires are like night and day. I tried to order to late this year so I'm dealing with what I have. MR2 has yet to be stuck, its dragging on everything, but holding its own. I've got hi po all seasons on rear and summers in the front. Sure wish I had snowies tho.

Someone hit something on 71 S hard right before the Morse road entrance ramp. I was on a test drive getting on from Morse and no one was on the freeway as I looked left medics had the whole freeway blocked. 3 semis were chillin in the middle of the freeway and a car had the nose smashed.

Snow tires are like night and day. I tried to order to late this year so I'm dealing with what I have. MR2 has yet to be stuck, its dragging on everything, but holding its own. I've got hi po all seasons on rear and summers in the front. Sure wish I had snowies tho.

Someone hit something on 71 S hard right before the Morse road entrance ramp. I was on a test drive getting on from Morse and no one was on the freeway as I looked left medics had the whole freeway blocked. 3 semis were chillin in the middle of the freeway and a car had the nose smashed.

What size tires? I have some el-cheapos with plenty of tread left in 205/55-16

I would stale face the fuck out of you if you really tried to tell me this in person.

x2 but to each their own. IMO he can't miss what he's never had. I've driven on both and know the difference first hand. I've got 20yrs on him though :o:rolleyes:

My Impreza and my no-seasons are getting by just fine, although for the extra help snows would be good.

I also wish my ABS would quit randomly butting on my driving.

I installed a switch to kill the ABS. Subaru's ABS is WAY too eager. It'll kick in at the slightest hint of slipping and then it won't adjust itself until the car stops. I hate it. So I have it shut off when I race or in the snow.

I installed a switch to kill the ABS. Subaru's ABS is WAY too eager. It'll kick in at the slightest hint of slipping and then it won't adjust itself until the car stops. I hate it. So I have it shut off when I race or in the snow.

I am thinking about disconnecting it all together, and leaving it that way. If you so much as tap the brake the wrong way, even with a ridiculous amount of stopping distance, the ABS comes on and stays on until the car is stopped. Hell, I could stop in a shorter distance if the brakes locked themselves.

I am thinking about disconnecting it all together, and leaving it that way. If you so much as tap the brake the wrong way, even with a ridiculous amount of stopping distance, the ABS comes on and stays on until the car is stopped. Hell, I could stop in a shorter distance if the brakes locked themselves.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3361/3237188494_07e76538ac_o.jpg

You want to pull fuse #22. The other ABS fuse throws a CEL I think, and/or disables the cruise. It's tough to get to with the dash on, which is why I wired in a switch.

I used some fuse inserts and wires with an in-line fuse to replace the one in the block. Then a safety switch (for looks :D) and a DC power plug/socket so I could pull the dash off and leave the inserts in place.

I was reading an old NASIOC thread on building a kill switch for it, so who knows, but I may autocross this thing come spring, and it will have to be off for that too.

Otherwise, I am going to have to drive something other than this understeery AWD turd.

I was reading an old NASIOC thread on building a kill switch for it, so who knows, but I may autocross this thing come spring, and it will have to be off for that too.

Otherwise, I am going to have to drive something other than this understeery AWD turd.

As we stray further off-topic.....

Does your class allow for a rear sway?

As we stray further off-topic.....

Does your class allow for a rear sway?

Well, I usually am in CSP driving an MR2 or an RX-7, so no, not in that class. The MR2 has an ST 3 way adjustable front, and the RX-7 has a Mazdatrix one, I believe.

As for the Impreza, I have no freaking clue.

Well, I usually am in CSP driving an MR2 or an RX-7, so no, not in that class. The MR2 has an ST 3 way adjustable front, and the RX-7 has a Mazdatrix one, I believe.

As for the Impreza, I have no freaking clue.

A rear sway will help with rotation, a LOT. We can go to PMs if you want to discuss options.

As low as my VW is, I still haven't been stuck..

The city better be paying me for the snow I'm moving though.

Same goes for the Audi. I plow my own way everywhere I go.

But alas I got a little too confident yesterday and tried to drive down a lane that not only hadn't been touched by plows..but the lane next to it had been plowed into the lane I was trying to navigate. Really thought I could make it the short distance I was trying to go but managed to completely highside my car on snow. Took 4 people pushing and some digging to get it out. Once outside the car I realized I was trying to go through about 8+ inches of snow...in a car that scrapes over speed bumps when the snow tires are mounted.

None the less...I'll put another STRONG vote for snow tires. They're amazing. The few times in 5 years I actually got stuck in my car it was my own damn fault, like yesterday, for not judging a situation correctly.

Andy