Mustang guys Roll call

Guest Removed

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
Im lookin into those girldles we were talkin about. Fuck i bet I break down and rebuild the motor halfway thru summer........

just find another one and build it, then swap on a saturday and come out faster that night....:ninja:

Yeah that is true... But if he already has a stock block and wants to stay in budget and not spend $1500-$2000 on a block, than $250 in girdles is a good investment...

You can find a used complete shortblock with a good block for $2500, if he did a main girdle, he is going to do a full rebuild because you need to line hone the block if you run a girdle. So he would be investing ~$1200 into a block that isnt going to support much more than stock.

Most say the only thing those girdles do is keep the parts held together WHEN it blows. Boss/Dart block or leave it be and be ready to buy anouther

I've seen it happen a few times. Atleast it saved the intake. Now those who had the issues are putting the boss block in. I'd definitely say to put a good block in if you want to keep things together.

You can find a used complete shortblock with a good block for $2500, if he did a main girdle, he is going to do a full rebuild because you need to line hone the block if you run a girdle. So he would be investing ~$1200 into a block that isnt going to support much more than stock.

This is why my VW is together still to this day. rob is the shit.

I prolly will buy something bigger and better for the 7 after this year is over its my new race car. The VW is done she will stay at 460... Maybe a paint job but thats it.

How much can a boss block support?..