Tax question

Buck531

So, people have been telling me that we're going to have to pay back the amount of money we got from the feds last year. Or.. do we have to claim it? Or what. Just wondering. I haven't filed my taxes yet. I'm still waiting on a few things to come in the mail.

You do NOT have to claim it as income. There is a Recovery Rebate Credit line where you have to do a short worksheet, and you have to enter it there. It doesn't cost you anything, in fact, it looks like if you didn't get a stimulus check and you should have, it gets added to your refund.

You do NOT have to claim it as income. There is a Recovery Rebate Credit line where you have to do a short worksheet, and you have to enter it there. It doesn't cost you anything, in fact, it looks like if you didn't get a stimulus check and you should have, it gets added to your refund.

x2 correct...you will not be paying tax on the credit.

Since a large portion of my income is via bonus I am not too worried about the stimulus check, it didn't change my refund.

Also, I lost my student loan credit and my credits for children, that is what I don't like.