I got bunnies under my deck....

Putty

Ingredients

bouquet garni

Directions

1. 1

Chop rabbit into 12 pieces, discard the head and feet.
  2. 2

Chop the onion and garlic finely.
  3. 3

Slice and dice the bacon.
  4. 4

Make a bouquet garni by tying together the parsley, thyme and bay leaf with string.
  5. 5

Sear the rabbit pieces in olive oil, until lightly browned, remove from casserole.
  6. 6

In the same pan, fry garlic, onion and the bouquet garni.
  7. 7

Add the bacon and allow to color lightly.
  8. 8

Pour off excess fat.
  9. 9

Return rabbit to pan and deglaze with the red wine.
  10. 10

Add 3 cups water, cover and cook for 1 hour 45 minutes.
  11. 11

Peel small onions and remove root ends.
  12. 12

Rinse well.
  13. 13

Cook the onions in water to cover, add sugar, butter, salt and pepper.
  14. 14

Cook until all water has evaporated and the sauce is caramelized.
  15. 15

(20 min) Peel and cut potatoes into narrow rectangles.
  16. 16

Add potatoes to rabbit stew after the stew has been cooking for 90 minutes.
  17. 17

Cook covered until tender.
  18. 18

Serve stew with caramelized onions and garnish with chopped chervil.

You can substitute 3-4 small rabbits in place of the one large one.

;)

:D

KillJoy

I'll bring our male boxer over to play with your pup. Ares will teach him how to dig up said nest remove the rabbits :) He took out a whole family here once....we didn't realize it until we saw a larger rabbit running around. She was so scared, she broke the bottom off one of the slats in our fence as she tried to sqeeze through running away. The babies tasted good he said :o

They shouldn't bother anything. You'll know in springtime what plants they like to eat though. They ate up several of the ones in our back yard...but I didn't care as they usually grew back in a few weeks.

Do watch for piles of rabbit crap....The main reason we remove any nests is because Ares also like to eat it :(:eek:

Otherwise, enjoy the show. Our kids love watching them. We have a few big ones around the yard now.

I'll bring our male boxer over to play with your pup. Ares will teach him how to dig up said nest remove the rabbits :) He took out a whole family here once....we didn't realize it until we saw a larger rabbit running around. She was so scared, she broke the bottom off one of the slats in our fence as she tried to sqeeze through running away. The babies tasted good he said :o

They shouldn't bother anything. You'll know in springtime what plants they like to eat though. They ate up several of the ones in our back yard...but I didn't care as they usually grew back in a few weeks.

Do watch for piles of rabbit crap....The main reason we remove any nests is because Ares also like to eat it :(:eek:

Otherwise, enjoy the show. Our kids love watching them. We have a few big ones around the yard now.

Just enjoy living with nature.

Eat one occasionally if they become too numerous or get a cat or dog.

Pin a few of 'em down and dress them up for Easter. Tie them to a stake with some twine so they can't run and hide. Wake kids up for the egg hunt. Profit.

Catch one and pierce it's ear with your keychain. Carry it around for that extra good luck all while keeping the Peta people happy. I suggest baggy pants and a larger keyhook for the home.

Buy live animal trap, tape, stapler, various crafts, ie; pipe cleaners, construction paper, duct tape, etc, and a case of beer. Catch said rabbits and dress them up like various Pokeman. Release. Profit.

Really, the possiblities are endless. Or, just enjoy going out in the evening and watching the little bastards frolic. :D

Oh, and other animals eating their poo shouldn't hurt them. It's just undigested fiber for the most part. Rabbits will often eat their own poo to further digest it since they're not natural ruminates.