VW is done, Onto new things with 8 cylinders....... My LSX Hunter.

neonkiller

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best thing I've seen local like this that was sweet/fast was a white 240 with a sbc. That car could boogy! Unfortunitely this car is no longer around.

And hell I've been around Fords for all my life with my dad owning a notchback mustang and some how I end up with a chevy??? :wtf:

Stimmel and Miller, Thanks for the help. Im gonna have it up in Westerville here in about a week I got a lot of work to do including studs, bolts, head gaskets , re wiring soldering a whole bunch of shit, this engine bay needs cleaned up worse than our national debt.

I'll post in here the nights I goto work on it if you guys wanna stop out and show me what i'm gonna do wrong lol...... this is all new to me.

Rob, It will be a Big single turbo setup like Dave Pointed out..., The picture I posted was of it first goin in the car when the original owner had it.

I would get rid of the hood but the granny kit makes it sit up really high, Id have to shorten the driveshaft and shim the sub frame down causing all types of custom modifications to be done that I'm not ready to undertake myself right now. But in do time it will be done. Hood stays for the summer so get your wise cracks ready.

Phil, The rear end is not being done till after the car is turboed and tuned more than likely. A friend of mine that has produced some fine swapped cars that many have seen out on the raod in Columbus will be helping me with that. 8.8 Lincoln IRS Diff Custom mounted with lockers and a LSD and 3.27 gear. Turbo Coupe axles shortened and somehow grind down and have the shaft of the end that mates to the Mazda hubs re-splined to accept them. If that works I wanna find some Porsche Cayanne axles have them shortend and resplined to fit in there. thats in the VW and there pretty much unbreakable. At Least thats my Idea.

I will prolly run Nitto 555r;s with some sand bags or concrete in the hatch....

Will, I have yet to find one...... Maybe I should just weld in a straight bar... lol JK.

If it snows more Id like to make some money to get is painted and body work done.

Some more Pictars......

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/16/l_5b40f5ceb76f4fb4928aea3830b0dc31.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/23/l_76cd1b42d51c4e22b9f3f31b561d1f27.jpg

I think I will be making shirts for stock 5Liter guys this summer....

Some more Pictars......

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/16/l_5b40f5ceb76f4fb4928aea3830b0dc31.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/23/l_76cd1b42d51c4e22b9f3f31b561d1f27.jpg

I think I will be making shirts for stock 5Liter guys this summer....

ill take one of them shirts. i dont even think my car will make it off the dyno. just let me know about them shirts.

Scoop was bolted onto the stock hood? Dang.

Ohiorotaries.com for body parts

racingbeat.com for suspension as well as RESpeed.

Yep, came that way. I dont really see paying $500 for a custom hood that will need paint and latches that will not make my car go any faster.

Thanks for the links I will join up tommorow. I really want a TII front bumper.

Yep, came that way. I dont really see paying $500 for a custom hood that will need paint and latches that will not make my car go any faster.

Thanks for the links I will join up tommorow. I really want a TII front bumper.

There's a guy on ebay that has everything too, I'll see if I can find it. I think there's a TII hood that may clear the 302 on OR.

Guest Removed

Im making a desighn for the shirts they will be epic.

if its something along the lines of stock block crew, that would be great.

cause i run a stock block,crank and heads :(

stock for 1969 anyway ;)

No I have not, are looking for one to fit the widebody rear fenders or do you just need a replacement?

It seems as the cable that opens he gas door is starting to freeze. If I get body work done I was just going to have one I could use a key and lock up so no one can tamper with my fuel. As of now It just flaps open all the time...