New SHO will be 43k loaded.......

Aaron

Holy crap, talk about Ford doing exactly what they always do. Over pricing their products so that huge rebates are in order after a few months.

It will weigh 4200lbs, have 365hp, auto trans only, AWD and have a base price of 38k. Loaded at about 43k. :eek:

The G8 GT should be able to have similar 1/4 times with a faster trap speed for around 30k. And the price comparable GXP has optional 6mt will wipe the floor with it.

As a former SHO owner and life long SHO enthusiast, I am really disappointed in their pricing. At 35k loaded it would have sold strongly imo.

I bet within the first year, you will be able to get one for about 35k after the rebates, which will kill the cars resale value ala Mazdaspeed 6.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cars are all crazy in price any more. I don't care what all goes into making them so expensive, just like homes, there's was bound to be a time where people not only won't be able to pay that much but it's going to make much less sense to do so.

In 1989 the Base SHO was just under $20k at $19,700. Now granted the newer model will be nice and have more comforts, but in relative terms, it's still a pricey way to commute in a Ford.

Hell, I remember looking at the SHO, Mustang GT and an Eagle Talon when I was in college. the Mustang GT started at $14k the Eagle Talon TSi was like $17k and then the SHO was the most expensive one I looked at.

Holy crap, talk about Ford doing exactly what they always do. Over pricing their products so that huge rebates are in order after a few months.

It will weigh 4200lbs, have 365hp, auto trans only, AWD and have a base price of 38k. Loaded at about 43k. :eek:

The G8 GT should be able to have similar 1/4 times with a faster trap speed for around 30k. And the price comparable GXP has optional 6mt will wipe the floor with it.

As a former SHO owner and life long SHO enthusiast, I am really disappointed in their pricing. At 35k loaded it would have sold strongly imo.

I bet within the first year, you will be able to get one for about 35k after the rebates, which will kill the cars resale value ala Mazdaspeed 6.

look around, compacts get into the 20s with options. hell, you can option up a fucking ford ranger into the 20s. the fusion hybrid will be low 30s. considering all of the standard equipment in the SHO, the price is about right. i would love a $15k 500HP 6 wheel drive all leather SHO just as much as the next guy, but thats not quite realistic either.

i would love a $15k 500HP 6 wheel drive all leather SHO just as much as the next guy, but thats not quite realistic either.

How about Ford just comes out with a fucking reasonably priced FWD and AWD version at the already noted 350+hp for about $28k. The average person doesn't need a Ford bloated out with Lincoln status amenties.

Ford -----------> I expect an SHO around $28k

Mercury -------> Should offer the same with a bit more class and nicer trim

Lincoln -------> I expect to see the MKS in the the mid 30's but even that POS is into the $40's which is about as stupid as the SHO.

Fuck, even the 2010 Mustang GT goes to $35k :eek: That's fucked up.

look around, ford isn't the only company with cars in this price range. hell, even a mazda6 goes all the way up to $35k, and its a mid-size. the honduh accord does too. i could go on, but this pricing isn't as crazy as your making it sound. there will be a non-SHO taurus in the lower price range.

look around, ford isn't the only company with cars in this price range. hell, even a mazda6 goes all the way up to $35k, and its a mid-size. the honduh accord does too. i could go on, but this pricing isn't as crazy as your making it sound. there will be a non-SHO taurus in the lower price range.

They clearly aren't targeting the 6 or Accord. Not with the SHO or that pricing. Ford will never > Acura or BMW or Infinity. I like the looks of it, but I bet even the Genesis is going to beat it in terms of performance and value.

The retro thing has been played out, and the new "camaro" is far from a good retro car. Shit looks like an abortion, and a 68 camaro with down syndrome.

I'm loving the whole muscle revival, the new camaro has the sexiest lines I've seen so far on any of the domestic throwbacks. Just looks mean. Though Im partial to old 68 camaro's, and apparently even the retarded ones ... lol.

im glad you guys are in the minority.

They clearly aren't targeting the 6 or Accord. Not with the SHO or that pricing. Ford will never > Acura or BMW or Infinity. I like the looks of it, but I bet even the Genesis is going to beat it in terms of performance and value.

nope, they are the 6 or accord with performance. BTW, what about acura and lexus? when they were introduced what were they? they were just "expensive toyotas" or "expensive honduhs", nope they are seen as respectable luxury competitors. lexus is even hanging with BMWs M3 in the luxury performance segment with its IS-F. but, according to you? they shouldn't even exist. they shouldn't even have tried. because no one would ever buy them.

nope, they are the 6 or accord with performance. BTW, what about acura and lexus? when they were introduced what were they? they were just "expensive toyotas" or "expensive honduhs", nope they are seen as respectable luxury competitors. lexus is even hanging with BMWs M3 in the luxury performance segment with its IS-F. but, according to you? they shouldn't even exist. they shouldn't even have tried. because no one would ever buy them.

I think you are missing the irony. We are not talking about a chancy spin-off from a japanese automaker. We are talking about one of the oldest car manufacturers in the country. If they haven't figured it out yet....

You whould have thought they whould have learned better when the v8 sho flopped becouse it never had a stick as a option. Oh and as a ford guy I whould have to buy a bmw or acura before I whould ever spend 40k on a hot rod taurus, Only way that car whould help Ford is if it was everything they say and came in at 28-32k (Oh and at least a 5 speed but a 6 whould complete the package)

You must not understand the differance between a Brand and a Product or product line.

Ford= working mans cars,quality car for a fair price

Merc is a stepping stone brand for people pre lincoln

Acura and lexus were new brands started with the a upscale buyer in mind from the start

At 40+k for a Sho they are trying to fake it in to a better market on price