New SHO will be 43k loaded.......

Aaron

which will kill the cars resale value ala Mazdaspeed 6.

I might have misunderstood this comment, but the 2010 Taurus shares the same platform as the Lincoln MKS not the M6. I'll assume the SHO will be a pumped up 2010 Taurus, not a platform merger with Mazda.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might have misunderstood this comment, but the 2010 Taurus shares the same platform as the Lincoln MKS not the M6. I'll assume the SHO will be a pumped up 2010 Taurus, not a platform merger with Mazda.

The CD3 platform is the same for all of the above models. It was designed in Japan by Mazda as a joint venture with Ford. Again, the integrity and tightness of these new models is what Mazda is known for and brings to the table. It's the next generation that Ford will begin to use their global platform that will be all theirs.

CD3 is the mid-size mazda based platform. the taurus rides on the D3 full-size volvo based platform, which is also known for quality.

(stealth edit)CD3 has been used for ford/lincoln/mazda vehicles since 2006(fusion/edge/et al). has been replaced in the 09 mazda6 with the CD3 2, which will lead a short life, being replaced by volvos EUCD platform(underpins all new volvos).