New SHO will be 43k loaded.......

Aaron

seems like i remember everyone saying that about the ford GT. seems like they were selling for $50k-$150k over MSRP the first year too. but, let me guess "well thats different"? seems like i remember that being said about the GT500KR too. and the 2000 cobra R also. dont forget about those king ranch superdutys.

Don't forget about the markup on the GT500!

But some how I still ended up with one!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again, glad to see your in the minority!

I doubt that, using our community as a sample of mixed vehicle owners, I would assume our relatively negative outlook of said moronically priced vehicle, would transfer over to the general public pretty well.

I would say, its likely even more so, because we are an enthusiast crowd, and lots of us still can't justify the cost when there are better DD sedans for the less money (G8), and better all out performance cars for less money. Who are you marketing to besides Ford/SHO fanboys ?

Though keep plugging your ears and just keep telling yourself ...

"They're the minority, they're the minority !!! "

WTF. You cant compare this car to the old SHO

For 43k you get AWD, paddle shift 6 speed, heated AND cooled leather, keyless start, navigation, backup camera, blind spot monitors, and a TWIN TURBO V6.

Find me another car you get all that for 43k

The G8 is a completely different car.

Edit: Here is a close competitor :http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Vehicles/2009/5/535ixDriveSedan/default.aspx

STARTING at 53k

For 43k you get AWD, paddle shift 6 speed, heated AND cooled leather, keyless start, navigation, backup camera, blind spot monitors, and a TWIN TURBO V6.

Edit: Here is a close competitor :http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Vehicles/2009/5/535ixDriveSedan/default.aspx

STARTING at 53k

You also get a 4200lb car, tq converted automatic with unknown power limit, powdered metal rods, Ford prestige (or lack of) and Ford resale value that will be horrible on this car because of the inevitable rebates an underpowered 43k sedan from Ford will require. Think Mazdaspeed 6.

I'll take a year old S4 any day of the year...........

But the G8 and Charger are the cars that will be competing with the SHO, whether Ford wants it or not. And once you chuck all the bells and whistles, the SHO just isn't able to compete. It's a front-biased AWD with a transverse V6, trying to compete with two RWD V8s, one of which is available with AWD, both of which can run rings around the SHO, and both of which are considerably cheaper. Hell, you can get the GXP for cheaper, fully optioned, or the SRT-8 for not much more.

Ford is coming to the table with a guaranteed loser.

But the G8 and Charger are the cars that will be competing with the SHO, whether Ford wants it or not. And once you chuck all the bells and whistles, the SHO just isn't able to compete. It's a front-biased AWD with a transverse V6, trying to compete with two RWD V8s, one of which is available with AWD, both of which can run rings around the SHO, and both of which are considerably cheaper. Hell, you can get the GXP for cheaper, fully optioned, or the SRT-8 for not much more.

x10000000000000

/thread

Again, it is pure personal preference. I for one think that the Charger looks like shit and wouldn't ever buy one. I also wouldn't put my wife in a RWD vehicle. I would however rock the new SHO for a family ride.

My point is, to mark it a "guaranteed loser" is nothing more than being a closed minded fool.

LOL yah, cuz everyone that has the money to afford the three cars you mentioned ALL want RWD v8s LOL. You ever notice that half of the people that drive the current SHOs dont know a damn thing about them? They are usually wealthy older people that wanted the optioned out taurus. So what makes you think everyone looking at a new SHO is sitting there thinking "man I hope this car can runs circles around a Charger or G8"....please. The SHO will be on par performancewise with them, it has WAAAYY more options, it will be considerably better on gas, and AWD STANDARD will appeal to more people. By the time you option out a Charger with AWD your sticker is a touch over the SHO. I find it funny that everyone here is an expert on how to market vehicles. How many of you own a car company again???? Thought so....:rolleyes:

LOL yah, cuz everyone that has the money to afford the three cars you mentioned ALL want RWD v8s LOL. You ever notice that half of the people that drive the current SHOs dont know a damn thing about them? They are usually wealthy older people that wanted the optioned out taurus. So what makes you think everyone looking at a new SHO is sitting there thinking "man I hope this car can runs circles around a Charger or G8"....please. The SHO will be on par performancewise with them, it has WAAAYY more options, it will be considerably better on gas, and AWD STANDARD will appeal to more people. By the time you option out a Charger with AWD your sticker is a touch over the SHO. I find it funny that everyone here is an expert on how to market vehicles. How many of you own a car company again???? Thought so....:rolleyes:

I'm sure you will be in line to get one? no ?

What will make or break the success of Ford won't be the SHO. It will be the mainstream cars they sell. The SHO won't be one of them. Niether is the new Cobra nor the GT or any of the limited product low sales figure vehicles they come out with. I love the new Cobra, but honestly, why the fuck would I spend upwards of $45k or so on one? Ford litterally turned me off to the car just by the extremely low value level it brings simply by pricing it so high. I'd much rather have a used Z06 or hell, even a standard C6. Same with this SHO...there are much better values with a lot nicer benefits out there with low miles on it than this car will be worth the day it's launched or even a year after. I mean in the end, I like the styling, but then I like the regular Mustang GT too, but not $45 worth the Cobra is commanding. I like the performance, but then the C6 is a bad ass ride and can be had for a steal with low miles.

Back to the SHO....Looks way better than the old SHO and in my eyes is actually sharper than the new TL. The downside is it's a Ford at the resale will suck compared to a TL and thus those that do care about future values won't likely put this at the top of their list.

Ever look at those TL's out there now. Lots are owned by folks who either bought them used with low miles, even mid-mile cars or brand new. One of the main reasons is longevity. Does anyone expect 150-200k miles out of a twin turbo Ford? Honestly, I don't expect that out of my single turbo...but then I only drive like 6k per year so I don't care.

Look, it's not too hard to get excited about the car in general when it's not your money or intent to buy one. But looking at it from a business standpoint, it's not going to sell in numbers and unless they make the mainstay Taurus a real "value," it's not going to be a hit. Pretty much all the $43k and up cars out there the trade mags are a hit and sexy and raved about. That's the idea of magazines and forums and blogs...they are alll hyping up the next coming of Christ.

I like the SRT-8 and even the G8. However in reality, niether is a big hit at all. I can count on one finger the number of G8's I've seen in the last two weeks around my area. Okay....two if you count a buddy in Dublin from Club GP. any yet we wonder why GM is in trouble. :rolleyes: Sales suck and it's no secret as to why.

Times have changed considerably in the last 18-24 months. It's going to be a long while before we see $400k+ homes selling like pancakes as they were just a few years ago and it's going to be a while longer before Joe Public is going to be buying masses of $30k + let alone $40k + vehicles again in the numbers they once were. Even when things begin to recover, sales won't be like they once were as hard times and losing a job are hard things to forget. That's a good thing as that will mean people learned a lesson.

Someone please wake up the auto makers and explain the word value to them.

Edited by TTQ B4U

mondeo-based fusion, euro focus, kuga-based escape, fiesta, new taurus, possibly the ka, + atleast 3 other euro based fords, all by 2011(2012MY). ford wont have any problem in the realm of mainstream vehicles.

Yea, because they are ditching the shit that they thought Americans wanted/would buy and are replacing it with the euro models that actually don't look like a vehicular abortion. But Ford is going to do the same thing they do with everything else, throw in 12,000 dollar rebates and watch their profit margin fly out the window. I'm sure this will be the case with the SHO when they find out no one wants a 43,000 dollar glorified econo-sedan.

STARTING at 53k

You can buy a 2000-2002 Audi S4 for 6-13k depending on mileage and you get AWD, 6 speed manual, heated seats, navi, 2.7l tt v6, who cares about the cameras you can add em later...

The sad thing is I can buy a 500 dollar chip and make 325ish hp/365 ft lbs out of the s4 and probly walk the Ford in every aspect.

Its easy to rave about the car, but when it is your hard earned money that you are throwing down, I bet you will cross shop other cars for 43k.

Hell a 2007 Audi RS4 Certified Pre Owned with around 20k miles can be had for low 40k.

You can also get a 1 year old S4, M3, New 335, new G8 with 10k in your pocket, G8 GXP, 1 year old CTS-V etc. All will DESTROY the new SHO in ALL categories.

No way I will spend more than 30k on anything american besides the Corvette and the CTS-V.

Amen brotha

One thing we cant deny is that this car has been the topic of 2 multi-page threads and caused some heated discussions. Its doing something right