Personal Protection Question...

scheetz31

Good price. I added the light and grip after I got mine. With kids we are pretty careful about the guns in our home. This one is in a closet above the door in our "safe room" where the wife and kids retreat to.

I most always keep a hand-gun in the bed stand when we retire and I put it back in the safe. With the kids around I have two GunVault fingerprint safes where I keep them. One in the family room, right here with me and the other in my office in the lower level. Instant access to a loaded weapon should the need arise yet the kids couldn't get to them if they tried.

I really like the idea of the fingerprint safe. That's always the conundrum when you want to keep your firearms safe; when you need it in an emergency, you don't want to waste time fiddling with key locks, etc. What's a small safe like that run and what are the chances of it not working?

I really like the idea of the fingerprint safe. That's always the conundrum when you want to keep your firearms safe; when you need it in an emergency, you don't want to waste time fiddling with key locks, etc. What's a small safe like that run and what are the chances of it not working?

They start at only $160 or so. I have two of the larger ones as I keep more than just the gun and clips and ammo in there. IIRC maybe $200-$350 for each.

I've had mine for a couple years and never had one issue with them. I use them every single day as I take the gun and an extra clip from my family room every night up to our bedroom. Zero issues. They give an audible alarm when the battery needs replaced. It only takes about 2-3 seconds to put your hand on it until the door pops open. Since I keep my guns and clips all ready to go, all I have to do is grab the gun and flip the safety.

May sound odd, but I'ved practiced several times sitting on the couch in the family room, jumping up heading to the safe and getting the gun.

I personally don't ever expect to use it, but given our home and how it's laid out and the various access points, I figure if I was being watched and a handful of robbers would attempt to get in on our first floor, I'd have maybe 5-10 seconds tops to have a gun ready to fire. It really only takes them startling a familiy as thjey are relaxed watching TV with the family to be successful. Most people would be in shock and confused for 5-10 seconds. By that point, it's likely too late as they would be in the house through a smashed in door.

In my case, I know I will be ready and have gun in hand. The wife then bolts with kids upstairs to the safe room where she has the Moss 500 & a handgun. I highly recommend them. Especially if there are kids in the home.

Unless yoru fingerprint changes. Think of a cut, wound from battle, etc. I've never seen one I've liked that worked 100% of the time. Reliability is of the essence.