09' Autox Schedule!!

Dr. Apex

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i might have to hit up a few. is there a truck class?

The rulebook says eligability depends on how high your center of gravity is, and how stable your truck is.

I owned a Ranger, and there is no way in hell that thing would have made it's way around one turn of any of our course setups without flipping.

Edit: BTW, If I managed to read the rulebook correctly, all eligible RWD trucks are in HS.

Edited by Rally Pat

The rulebook says eligability depends on how high your center of gravity is, and how stable your truck is.

I owned a Ranger, and there is no way in hell that thing would have made it's way around one turn of any of our course setups without flipping.

Edit: BTW, If I managed to read the rulebook correctly, all eligible RWD trucks are in HS.

im lowered 4/5, my roll center is low. upgraded shocks, 235-40-18 fronts, 285-35-18 rear. ive auto-x'd it before so ill be ok, im just wondering on the classes for this

^We'll have to measure the truck but in the pic there it looks pretty low so you'll just have to show up so we can figure it out. The class is "H Stock".

yea last event of the year there was 2 door dakota that looked stock height that ran... an he ran preety good too witht ah 4.7 v8 ha

ben you gettin a car this year or gonna be sharing again?

Car coming soon, not quite sure what yet but hopefully right around when the season starts though I won't be driving until the first points event. If my help is needed I will be instructing at the drivers school.

They can, especially the drivers schools but usually if they fill up it's not until the week of the event. It's best to sign up online as it gaurantees you a spot in the event as typically only 30 walk-ups are allowed.

Once the schedule is finalized and registration is opened I or someone will post it up, make sure you read the sticky in this section for the registration info.

I am not going to make any speculation this year about my attendance- I can't believe how our schedule turned out last year that we could only go to one event!

At least I managed to unload the 5.0 last year.

This new baby in may likely won't help but damn that one event was fun- even in the rain.

hah well I got it in late August 08 so I guess that means I better hand you the title :)

In all seriousness, I need to win in Super Stock before I even dream of getting into road racing, provided I have yet to actually attend a points autox event, that seems far off hehe. However if I would ever claim to be in love with a car it would be this one. My mustang was without a doubt thrilling but it was more of a "like" sort of car.

So I've upgraded from my dad's Miata (CS) to my "new" turbo Miata for this season. I am obviously in SM because of the modifications, correct? I will be the first to admit this car is scary on the street with 240whp at 14psi. This will be my 3rd season full season with the Buckeye Miata Club where I took 1st two years a go and 2nd last year in CS. I've heard that the top guys at BMC usually would place around top 4-6 at SCCA depending on who shows up. I'd like to be competitive if I go to SCCA, or atleast in the top half of my class within a reasonable time of the lead.

So my question is, how competitive is SM? Would I be completely out of my league in SM? Should I just take my dad's car and race CS if I go? Am I able to stay in a Novice class for SCCA since I've never raced SCCA or in my car?

thanks in advance

I really want to get into this. Figured I'd mount some RT-615's or such on some spare wheels. Probably throw a clutch in first though. I will be a super newb, but what class would I have to complete in? Only mods are: Pipe, Flash, and soon a new rear sway and clutch. ;)

brian, SM has STi's in it so your up against them and they have 2 more wheels of power.

jones, the rear bar changes your class. doesn't matter since your new just as long as you have fun. MrAutoX (Ben) can help you out with questions you have at the track and i can help as much as i can too.

yeah kinda. runs the same but there is no racing like the fun event. more to knock the rust off and pick up some seat time.

Well I'll find out tonight when I get the car up and running if I think that it is even capable of corning the cone this year. I think it's going to be more drift happy but I think I still want to give it a try.

Well I'll find out tonight when I get the car up and running if I think that it is even capable of corning the cone this year. I think it's going to be more drift happy but I think I still want to give it a try.

you crazy kids and your drag racing set-ups. before too long you'll want to change it all so it handles.

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-30795607742246_2041_3327604

you crazy kids and your drag racing set-ups. before too long you'll want to change it all so it handles.

The only thing that I've done to reduce the handling is the locker, shocks and springs are next when I can make up my mind and they are going to be for handling not DR.

Thanks AJ. So is there no SM2 or whatever class this year. I thought I would only be against 2 seaters? I'd love to still try it out since SCCA generally has a lot more open tracks than BMC and I can really use the extra power I have over a stock Miata.