09' Autox Schedule!!

Dr. Apex

Loaner helmets are available for use, if plan on more than a few events it's best to pick up your own at Iron Pony.

That's the "plan", but who knows with my luck. I figured I should at least participate in the school (Been wanting to do it for the past 4 years), learn a bunch of stuff so I don't make an ass out of myself, and go from there.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See Mike, it's your fault we all look terrible!! If you would only take pictures of when we hit that perfect corner we'd all look like the pros we really are........kidding!!

It's greatly appreciated you do what you do for us, especially considering you do it at no charge!!

Gray, I know the feeling as saturday is my busiest day for work as well.

well the miata is no where ready really to be comp.in ES anyway so i probably wouldn't be a contender for the championship anyway.

Maybe I'll use my sundays to visit other regions.....do some NASA events etc.

F$%k it

thanks for the pics Mike BTW !!

I'm also pretty upset about the Saturday dates. I work second shift and getting up early on Saturday will be tough, but I'll make it. I hope I can run the full season this year, but I already know some dates are filled with personal stuff. Oh well.

Just thought I'd throw my two cents in - Hi my name is Mike, and I hate cones. Can't wait to see everyone out there this season (my first one in Columbus).

http://www.flux21.com/z/autox/DSC05637.JPG

I should mark my dashboard that way!

Mike

Hi my name is Mike, and I hate cones.

It looks like we have different approaches to our cone hatred. You like to warn them that you are coming... while I, on the other hand, run them over then taunt them as they watch me drive away :bangbang:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/jjschafe/IMG_0323.jpg

It looks like we have different approaches to our cone hatred. You like to warn them that you are coming... while I, on the other hand, run them over then taunt them as they watch me drive away :bangbang:

Seriously - that is an awesome plate. I need to find some stickers like that too.

I figure this way, if I end up eating one, I can plead to "the booth" that I warned them and I shouldn't get docked any time. :D

Oh and in case it's not old news, everyone here could benefit from these shirts:

http://madcowsdesign.com/cone-killer.html

Been really looking forward to this. Would you guys recommend to a noob going to the test and tune or just waiting until the driver school first?

I'd say that attending the tnt before the school would be a very good thing. The tnt is a very relaxed atmosphere, so a good chance to get your feet wet and get the feel for the car/navigating the cones without having the pressure/distractions of an event or school. Then at the school, you can focus more on driving and less on learning the basics of an autocross course/event. Also, there are always a lot of helpful people who would be more than willing to ride along and help you at the tnt.

On top of that, my advice would be to attend anything and everything possible. No seat time is bad seat time, so just get out as much as you can, and get faster every time :burn:

I'd say that attending the tnt before the school would be a very good thing. The tnt is a very relaxed atmosphere, so a good chance to get your feet wet and get the feel for the car/navigating the cones without having the pressure/distractions of an event or school. Then at the school, you can focus more on driving and less on learning the basics of an autocross course/event. Also, there are always a lot of helpful people who would be more than willing to ride along and help you at the tnt.

I'm planning on coming out to the Test and Tune. Anyone mind if I ride shotty with them for a run or two?