09' Autox Schedule!!

Dr. Apex

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh the joy of leaving the stock classes... Is EM basically a catch all class? The SCCA class descriptions don't say very much about it. I guess I'll just have to decide which class when I get there by how many are signed up so far.

• 2 weeks later...

id like to get in on this. i know i can keep up with some serious hp cars, but im more looking to get out, meet some cool people and get the experience. This is open for people to get in and see what they can do right? I like to get my times of course, but i wouldnt want to be counted for any point system.

whats the word on the cr auto cross days, where its all for fun?

how much do you think the cr auto x event will cost compared to this one? I dont wanna look like an idiot if hit cones in front all all the professionals at the SCCA one. Also from what I understand, You have to be a member of the scca to gaurentee your spot, and then they onl take the first 30 walk-ins. How can i make sure I have a spot to race for a cople of the events, I dont think i should register officially through SCCA since i wont be attending every event. newb questions.. sorry :)

Also from what I understand, You have to be a member of the scca to gaurentee your spot, and then they onl ake the first 30 walk-ins. How can i make sure I have a spot to race for a cople of the events, I dont think i should register officially through SCCA since i wont be attending every event. newb questions.. sorry :)

All you need to do to "guarantee" a spot at the SCCA events is preregister at DLB Racing (.com) - member or not - you can preregister and pay up till 6:00 pm Thursday prior to the event. Yes, they do limit "walk-ins" to 30 for each event as those have to be manually keyed into the computer by class.

Don't worry about being a novice at the SCCA events, Ben can probably comment more accurately, but it sems to be we had at least one or two "first timers" at almost every event - more at the ones ealry in the year. Everybody had a "first event" they had to do!!!

I think that I have made up my mind to go but I'm just trying to decide on running the Fiero or the TA. Does someone have a link where you can figure out your class from the mods on the car so that I could pre-register. What happens if you register under the wrong class?

I dont wanna look like an idiot if hit cones :)

Actually, I don't worry about how many cones I hit. If I make it thru a run without honking the horn or turning on the wipers ... it's a good run.

Mike

p.s. seriously, everybody hits cones at one time or another.

I think that I have made up my mind to go but I'm just trying to decide on running the Fiero or the TA. Does someone have a link where you can figure out your class from the mods on the car so that I could pre-register. What happens if you register under the wrong class?

the rulebook is available on the SCCA website in PDF format.

Link to SCCA rules files:

http://www.scca.org/contentpage.aspx?content=61

As a recovering Fiero owner - NO - SCCA has screwed this car in every class it's in, it is not competitive, period.

Thanks for the link, I wasn't finding it on the site. I'm not worried about being competitive. I don't think either of my cars are but just to have fun. I'll probably bring out the TA with the slick on it to see how it does.

Thanks for the link, I wasn't finding it on the site. I'm not worried about being competitive. I don't think either of my cars are but just to have fun. I'll probably bring out the TA with the slick on it to see how it does.

The Fiero was fun. I ran an ITB prepared 4 cylinder car in F Street Prepared. Locally, it was OK, but no where near competitive on a national level. Some guys have run RADICALLY modified "Fieros" in E Modified with some success, but overall the car has too many bad habits as an autocross car.

I ran T/A's many years ago (2nd Gen) and had a blast - a much better car to learn in (other than too much power - undrpowered cars tend to teach you to drive better sooner). Overall it doesn't come with the handling "quirks" of Fiero's.

Heh, your not considered good until you can drift and take out 6 cones at 1 corner!! AJ can attest to my skill at killing cones, better yet I have proof: http://richard.safier.com/OVR/May%2027%20PE3/target104.html

^That takes pure skill!!

Everyone starts somewhere, no better way to learn so just come out and have fun!!

I don't hit cones... or lock up my front brakes. Ever. :lol:

http://richard.safier.com/OVR/ovr1-2008/target304.html

I used to use the "if you don't hit cones, you aren't driving fast enough" moto... until I had an event where I coned every run. Then I decided maybe driving a little slower wouldn't be a terrible idea...

Link to SCCA rules files:

http://www.scca.org/contentpage.aspx?content=61

As a recovering Fiero owner - NO - SCCA has screwed this car in every class it's in, it is not competitive, period.

i should be about 315whp on my 2.0L in time for this. im running a bigger supercharger, exhaust, stock internals and stock clutch on street tires. does that put me on the street touring STX, or the stock class of DS?

i should be about 315whp on my 2.0L in time for this. im running a bigger supercharger, exhaust, stock internals and stock clutch on street tires. does that put me on the street touring STX, or the stock class of DS?

Changing the supercharger puts you at least into SM, I believe.

I would definitely like to get into this as well. I will probably make the school day. Do I need to provide a helmet, or do they have some loaners? The ones out in Pittsburgh usually have a couple extras and was hoping they have some here as well.

its not about power.

i don't hit cones either

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/5/l_b6f0e7d148f74be4a08359d6ef4d9cc4.jpg