To soon junior

Sam1647545489

I am looking for a 00 or 01. Mileage shouldnt be an issue as I know these things will run forever. Hard part is finding one that some young kid hasnt already beat on. I should be able to grab one for under 10k I would think.

I suggest staying away from the internet to find one. All I have seen on cars.com autotrader.com local honda boards are all modified. Do you have no interest in buying a new one ? You can always get the CR edition and be the envy of everyone on here lol.

I drove one back in '01...really fun car. I wouldn't hesitate getting one if I didn't already think that a C5 convertible is a better value for a little more money.

If I went for a c5 convert, I would be ordering parts from IPS on a daily basis. This is why I think i will keep away from that. :) Before you knew it i would be rocking a 600rwhp daily driver.

Sam I can't link from this webpage but http://automobiles.honda.com Search for certified used cars and select s2000 and put in columbus ohio zip code. Those cars are new 2005 and greater but they barely have any miles on it.

I suggest going this route if you want a stock one that wasn't beat on. Just trying to help out.

Edited by 87GT
forgot to add a step

Sam, I know you aren't as tall as me, but I found it roomy compared to the Z3/Z4, Boxter, SLK, Solsitice/Sky, and Miata. Interior seemed nice enough, though not as nice as any of the competition. I even like the styling of the car.

I would personally want to swap out that motor. It's got the bottom end power of a rotary. :(

At that year point, I think you would be well served to at least look and test drive a Boxter, SLK, and Z3 or Z4 (I found the Solstice had too many blind spots to make a happy daily driver). No harm in at least looking at one to see if you simply like them better. I haven't driven a Boxter or Z3, but the Z4 impressed me in terms of it being a reasonable daily driver. I really liked the hard top and ride of the SLK...leg room could have been better!

If I went for a c5 convert, I would be ordering parts from IPS on a daily basis. This is why I think i will keep away from that. :) Before you knew it i would be rocking a 600rwhp daily driver.

You have no idea how bad I want to put a LSx in a S2000 -- BUY IT !!!

Jeff

I hear ya, but I would also submit that the same drive to mod the C5 'vert will rear it's ugly head when you have the S2k. Therefore, both cars would be great platforms: the Honda is a good 400lbs lighter than the Corvette ('01 C5 vert [3200] vs. '01 S2k [2800]) and looks a little better. But, The Vette has a great aftermarket following, is just as reliable, and is more powerful.

I know you had a C5, but the 'verts are sexy in my book. Plus, fleaBay's got a ton of low-mi stockers and lightly modified examples for cheap...

Yep! You know him huh. He's got an A4 now.

I know his brother, rode in that car a few times.

Sam-Grassroots motorsports did a good writeup on it ie what to look for strong points year to year differences, etc, resources. Wasn't too long ago, I may be able to find it.

Noooo, I wanna keep it stock. I would only do something to help it get more gas mileage.

Electric super charger huh. I like where this is going. I herd the Turbonator intake also helps gas milage. And these special magnets for the fuel lines. Were going have that thing getting better mpg then a insight!

For some reason when I see s2000 the driver well not sam. Some better choices

Porche Boxster

BMW z3

MB slk230

Sam I would look into the 2002's or 2003's. They have a glass rear window as opposed to the plastic or whatever material it is in the earlier years. The plastic (or whatever), had a tendancy to get all dirty looking, and sometimes crack, I'm also not sure if the glass has defrost or not. Also the 02/03's have a slightly better sound system with more speakers, instead of just two. Last but not least there are some suspension refinements, and transmission adjustments present in the 02/03's that aren't there in the earlier models. This way you get the some of the creature comforts of the AP2, while retaining the 9000rpm redline. Just my .02 cents.