Got Screwed ROYALLY!

Jizzle Juice

Ok so some of you know that i was suppose to start at midas. Well i had a court date that i needed to go to before i start which was a monday. I told the GM that and he told me it was ok give him a csll after and then you can start the next day(Tuesday). I call and i get no answer so i leave a message. Called again samething left message. Tried a third time same thing. So i decided to call the store i was suppose to work at and talked to the manager. He told me yes he talked to the GM and knew i was starting but on monday and i told him the thing about court and asked him to try and get ahold of the GM. Call the next day and he tells me that the GM said that i didnt tell him that and that he filled my position :mad: I told the manager thank and presumed to call the GM and he doesnt answer my phone calls nor reeturn them!! Im really pissed cause i went and spent money that i really didnt have to buy the tools i needed for the job. I depended on that job and now im back to where i was NO JOB!!! Sorry needed to rant a lil but i got another interview with another place but i NEEDED that job. Is there anything i could do or am i just ROYALLY screwed??

30 day return policy on the tools?

Yup but ima hold off on turning them back in to see how this other job goes

Try a Mr. Tire/Monro or a Goodyear.

Will be sending resume asap

start recording phone calls, a persons word is worthless now a days.

:lol: yeah i should. Cant trust anyone you dont know personally these days

whats the laws on phone call recording? I thought people had to be aware or told they are being recorded. Even phones in prison have to tell you that the phone calls are subject to monitoring.

As long as ONE party in the call knows about the recording, it's legal. You don't have to tell anyone you're recording.

sucks, but most people don't like to hear their future employee can't start working because they have to go to court (for whatever reason)--most would consider that "not getting off on the right foot".

good luck, hope you find a job soon.

Yeah but i told him before he said i was hired. But oh well rob said he's a douche anyway. But i have a really good lead on a new job :crossfingers:

As long as ONE party in the call knows about the recording, it's legal. You don't have to tell anyone you're recording.

That's not necessarily true, it varies state to state. some states neither party has to know, some states its one, some states its both. I have no idea what it is in ohio.

whats the laws on phone call recording? I thought people had to be aware or told they are being recorded. Even phones in prison have to tell you that the phone calls are subject to monitoring.

The way I understand it, it's only illegal if a third party records the conversation without the other two parties that are involved in the conversation knowing that they are (or could be) recorded. I think the legislation was enacted primarily to protect citizens against police power (e.g., not allowing police to tap your phone lines without a court order).

So, let's say, can you put a tap on your neighbor's phone line and listen in to your neighbor talk to other people? No, that would be illegal.

However, can you, say, record all your phone conversations you have with someone that you think is suspicious or scandalous (e.g., a crazy ex-girlfriend) and not tell that person about it? Yes, that is completely legal.

My two cents.

The way I understand it, it's only illegal if a third party records the conversation without the other two parties that are involved in the conversation knowing that they are (or could be) recorded. I think the legislation was enacted primarily to protect citizens against police power (e.g., not allowing police to tap your phone lines without a court order).

So, let's say, can you put a tap on your neighbor's phone line and listen in to your neighbor talk to other people? No, that would be illegal.

However, can you, say, record all your phone conversations you have with someone that you think is suspicious or scandalous (e.g., a crazy ex-girlfriend) and not tell that person about it? Yes, that is completely legal.

My two cents.

That is the way I understand it. There was a story about a mom going undercover and doing that a few months ago.

NOPR is right. it varies state to state, and i deal with it all day at work (collections).

there are some states thats considered "dual party consent" states...California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Washington... basically, when we call anyone in these states, we have to tell them the call may be monitored or recorded, and continue unless they say they dont want the call recorded, in which case we have to click something to stop the recording. the remainder of the states, you can record the call without telling the other person. as long as one person knows the call is being recorded (ie, yourself), its legal. as long as the GM isnt by some odd chance in one of those states, record away

and BTW, my dads friend used to run that shop, but IIRC, he bought the tuffy at cleveland/schrock

You bought tools on the expectation that the job was yours, and the start date moved appropriately.

1. You have a tort case for 'reliance'

2. Unless you have paperwork proving the job offer or a recording to that effect, good luck winning it.