.45 handgun recommendations?

zeitgeist57

I have a good friend out in Denver who is looking for a handgun. He says Sportsman's Warehouse has a .45 Glock offered at about $600 with night sights and an extra clip.

I've shot guns before, but don't actively stay interested in the industry unlike some of you Dirty Harry mofos here. Any recommendations on what he should look for? Also, if someone locally in Columbus had a good deal, can you ship the gun to Denver or is that illegal? I can vouch for this guy like a brother...plus, he's one of these Obama-is-killing-2nd-Amendment-so-I-need-to-get-a-gun-NOW types that I want to help out. :)

I am partial to 1911's :D

Yes, you can ship a firearm out of state. It just needs to go to a FFL in the state he resides. You would need to get a copy of their FFL License before you ship it. I would ship if from a FFL here, just to CYA....

KillJoy

I will agree that a 1911 just feels right in your hand, but unless he's a real gun guy ( and it sounds like he's not ) he won't enjoy the complexity of tearing down and cleaning a 1911. I know I just bought my dad a Swith and Wesson M&P .45 full size for his 50th birthday. I really liked it and he seems to as well.

We just bought a FN .45 before Christmas. We bought it new at Fin, Feather and Fir up above Mansfield for around $650.00 after taxes and ammo. It came with 3 clips.

I don't know much about guns and haven't even fired this yet but my hubby loves it.

Tell him to make sure the glock he's looking at isn't chambered in .45GAP, that's a stupid round. He wants .45ACP

That being said, .45ACP and the 1911 were designed together. You can't go wrong with a 1911.

If that's not what your friend wants though, I suggest an XD or XD-M. Both are available in .45

I have a good friend out in Denver who is looking for a handgun. He says Sportsman's Warehouse has a .45 Glock offered at about $600 with night sights and an extra clip.

I've shot guns before, but don't actively stay interested in the industry unlike some of you Dirty Harry mofos here. Any recommendations on what he should look for? Also, if someone locally in Columbus had a good deal, can you ship the gun to Denver or is that illegal? I can vouch for this guy like a brother...plus, he's one of these Obama-is-killing-2nd-Amendment-so-I-need-to-get-a-gun-NOW types that I want to help out. :)

I bought a brand new glock 21 with 3 clips and a speed loader for $550 at vances. This was a few months ago. If the grip feels fine in your hand get it. Otherwise get a 1911 or s&w m&p.

We just bought a FN .45 before Christmas. We bought it new at Fin, Feather and Fir up above Mansfield for around $650.00 after taxes and ammo. It came with 3 clips.

I don't know much about guns and haven't even fired this yet but my hubby loves it.

:mad:

http://i42.tinypic.com/23kddtt.jpg