Do you want a CR autoX day this summer?

V8 Beast

Would you attend an official CR autoX event?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend an official CR autoX event?

• Yes I would
    • No, I would not.

For the guys/gals that like to turn their steering wheels while racing...

We want to set up a couple CR autocross events this Spring/Summer. No rankings or classes, just a bunch of people out having timed fun. Other than someone willing to let you use their lot and a bunch of cones, what is all needed? Permits, insurance, emergency personnel??? Any help is appreciated.

For the guys/gals that like to turn their steering wheels while racing...

We want to set up a couple CR autocross events this Spring/Summer. No rankings or classes, just a bunch of people out having timed fun. Other than someone willing to let you use their lot and a bunch of cones, what is all needed? Permits, insurance, emergency personnel??? Any help is appreciated.

When MrAutoX checks in he may have contact info for the Ohio Valley Region SCCA autocross chair (Andy). They have helped other groups run events before by bringing timing lights, cones and workers.

Mike

If the SCCA holds the event like I've been asked about everything would be covered, just a fee would be involved as they have the insurance, sanctioning, and a few SCCA volunteers to run vital functions on the computer and timing, corner workers would be manned by entrants.

No prob Ben, I get bored late at night so I figured I would start a thread to get the word out about it. I think it would be a good chance for people that dont know about it to learn some while having a good time.... I just feel sorry for the people that have to pick the cones up with all the newbs drifting instead of driving :p

No prob Ben, I get bored late at night so I figured I would start a thread to get the word out about it. I think it would be a good chance for people that dont know about it to learn some while having a good time.... I just feel sorry for the people that have to pick the cones up with all the newbs drifting instead of driving :p

Everyone has to pick up cones, we'd have to split the number of people into 2 groups and swith back and forth, another advantage is people and cars get some cool down. Obviously if the event were held by the SCCA a handful of people would be required from them to help run the equipment and some experienced people for safety and help work the course, all the volunteers will want it some seat time for their services which is a good tradeoff.