G8 GXP

GilbWs6

Just got our first G8 GXP at work (Dan Tobin) tonight. It is absolutely amazing. Slam you back in your seat acceleration with silky smooth shifts from the M6. The Brembo calipers are almost as big as your head. I can't stress how smooth it is for a 400+ HP car. Almost makes me want to wait to buy one and save the extra $6,000 over the GT.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got our first G8 GXP at work (Dan Tobin) tonight. It is absolutely amazing. Slam you back in your seat acceleration with silky smooth shifts from the M6. The Brembo calipers are almost as big as your head. I can't stress how smooth it is for a 400+ HP car. Almost makes me want to wait to buy one and save the extra $6,000 over the GT.

Can you hook me up with a test-drive??

I'm so tempted to get a GT right now. My wife just finished nursing school today and with my GM discount I can get a fully loaded one for just over $450 a month. Unfortunately insurance is another $150 a month for a 22 year old male. Plus after driving the GXP, I want one with an M6. Looks likes I'm probably just going to drive a Grand Prix GXP for 2 years and then find a used G8 GXP

Maybe when they are in the 2x,xxx range it will make a nice work beater.

I love the G8 GXP, almost as much as the 05-08 CTS-V...but the price is prohibitively expensive for me. Go Go GM DEPRECIATION!!! :) I'd buy one off-lease for $19,xxx...

I ordered one from a dealer in Texas back in December, It still has not come in. They are wanting to offer me money for them to keep it when it comes in because the price we agreed on is below what they want to get out of it. They are pretty sweet, the price we agreed on was $30,595 plus tax/title. (This is a dealer I purchase around 30-40 trucks from a year for work)

Just did some checking, and WTF 40K Base?

Here comes the fail train..:(

Maybe when they are in the 2x,xxx range it will make a nice work beater.

Agreed.

It is comical how much ford and chevy charge for their cars. No doubt they will kill the demand for the GXP by adding HUGE dealer markups, just like the G8 GT.

I will take a Certified Used 2008 CTS-V over the GXP any day.

Agreed.

It is comical how much ford and chevy charge for their cars. No doubt they will kill the demand for the GXP by adding HUGE dealer markups, just like the G8 GT.

I will take a Certified Used 2008 CTS-V over the GXP any day.

Really? $40k for this car is not 'out of the box.' Where else can you get a car that performs that well for $40 or less? A BMW 3 Series can cost you $40k and this is a much larger car at a higher trim level. It pretty much matches the SRT Charger's price and undercuts an SRT 300C by a few thousand. Even an SRT Challenger is over $40k.

Why does everyone expect the US companies to give cars away? The other companies charge just as much or more for their products.

Really? $40k for this car is not 'out of the box.' Where else can you get a car that performs that well for $40 or less? A BMW 3 Series can cost you $40k and this is a much larger car at a higher trim level. It pretty much matches the SRT Charger's price and undercuts an SRT 300C by a few thousand. Even an SRT Challenger is over $40k.

Why does everyone expect the US companies to give cars away? The other companies charge just as much or more for their products.

It may perform admirably but IMO it still looks a bit dated and in some ways cheap compared to other cars in that price range. Just because GM puts thier 400hp motor in the car they jack the price and if it's like the GT when I looked at it, dealers then try and tack on extra costs because it's so "rare" :bs:

$40k plus for a car that will likely depreciate like a rock when you can opt of a very low mile car that performs and holds value isn't going to help GM win over too many people. I know I rarely see a G8 on the road, so that tells me the public isn't buying into it.

Overall, I think GM is a little to proud of what they have given today's climate.

Not to mention GM has more standard equipment on their cars than most of the import companies. Who in the hell wants to pay extra for ABS or side air bags on mid-sized sedans. Most of the imports don't offer that. Not to mention GM has the 2nd best warranty out there (behind hyundai/kia).

...and if it's like the GT when I looked at it, dealers then try and tack on extra costs because it's so "rare" :bs:

You looked at the first GT we had on our lot. If you want the first one, you're going to pay for it. It's also to keep the people that have absolutely no means or intention of buying a $35,000 car from test driving it. Most dealers removed that mark up after two weeks.

I know I rarely see a G8 on the road, so that tells me the public isn't buying into it.

The G8 accounts for almost 50% of our new car sales in the last two months.

You looked at the first GT we had on our lot. If you want the first one, you're going to pay for it. It's also to keep the people that have absolutely no means or intention of buying a $35,000 car from test driving it. Most dealers removed that mark up after two weeks.

The G8 accounts for almost 50% of our new car sales in the last two months.

So thats 2 of the 4 lolz

True story, for some reason the domestic dealerships are very weary of people driving anything with more than 200hp. I have no problem walking into Mag/Byers and they will gladly hand over the keys to anything on the lot and let me take it for however long I need.

Was at Ricart a couple years ago and was walking around and asked about the new Mustang GT they had on the lot.

"Sir, we really have to have some firm commitnent on paper before we'll let you drive that, that thing has POWER".

LOLZ

Its one thing if a car has been out for a while. It's another thing if its the first month a car has been out and half of the car magazines have done write-ups on it saying how fast and great it is.

yeah, haydocy wouldn't let me drive a GTO--wtf?? salesman said it has the vette motor in it, so we don't let people test drive it--fuck off. i handed him his card back to him, but not before walking inside to do it in front of everyone so his manager could see. they were charging $27k for '05's with 30k miles. 3 weeks later i showed up to the dealership to get a new key made for the '05 that i bought privately for $20k with 10k miles on it. i won't buy a car without test driving it first---period.