Rx7 + torque= good bye rear end

Linc5.0

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
well then...I was miss informed on V8rx7 forum...

id say so...link?

and no matter what is in it, the housing has it limits.

btw there are a lot of solid axle cars running scca, auto-x and so on. one day after this one is done im build me a turbo 4 in one to auto x

well then...I was miss informed on V8rx7 forum...

Yes but, the biggest issue Cobras have is half shafts. I'm not familiar with any of the kits for you but, if you can do level 6 half shafts you will be a hell of a lot better off.

Guest Removed
Yes but, the biggest issue Cobras have is half shafts. I'm not familiar with any of the kits for you but, if you can do level 6 half shafts you will be a hell of a lot better off.

other then the housing warping then breaking shit...and thats after tons of stress.

Since you have seen the stuff on v8rx7forum than you know to just spend 2 grand and be done with your rearend. You wont worry about wheel hop or breaking axles or the diff.

Custom driveshaft

expedition case with 8.8 IRS from 03 cobra + axles

custom rearend frame

poly bushings

pick a gear ratio.

be set to go

Guest Removed
Since you have seen the stuff on v8rx7forum than you know to just spend 2 grand and be done with your rearend. You wont worry about wheel hop or breaking axles or the diff.

Custom driveshaft

expedition case with 8.8 IRS from 03 cobra + axles

custom rearend frame

poly bushings

pick a gear ratio.

be set to go

well since ill have my hand on it, ill see how hard it is to make something like that.

any pics of one maybe?

sucks to hear Erik, hopefully you get it back up and running with minimal fuss.

I've never checked into it, but what do the V8 guys do to replace the factory power plant frame? Do you make it fit to the t56 somehow or just go without it? Do you run a diff brace instead?

They put in a cobra irs...modified....

motor wise, its a completely different subframe. custom drive shaft to stock rear....but has a torque arm to help the rear....thats about it.

heres the 8.8 diff kit ...

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll93/justinsamberg/IMG_1642.jpg

*Raises hand* Sploded the diff in my FD as well. I ran a TII diff until my car got crushed. Easy swap. If the LSD doesn't have the spider gear debris to jamb the entire diff and flex the case until it splodes, then you can get away with the stock case. Yes, the case isn't reinforced but has a much better record with a clutch type LSD. then you just have to make sure you control wheel hop.

If you end up going with a TII LSD, I have a set of solid urethane diff mounts, already installed in the dog-bone mounting bracket, I'll sell you cheap.

I've swapped 4 or 5 diffs on my back in a garage. Not too bad except the bolts and Fuel filter on top of the differential.....unless you are a contortionist who owns Gearwrenches!

Guest Removed
Not too bad except the bolts and Fuel filter on top of the differential.....unless you are a contortionist who owns Gearwrenches!

thats where i come in..lol

ill post pics of the peices after while...waiting on parts..

dont happen to have the rear cover laying around do you?

only piece im missing..