noob from corvette city, KY

rockt.talon

hey everyone.

I hate introductions, but since I have to post up I will tell you about me. First I have been working on cars since I was 16, started off with a slow camaro, bought a cavalier (which i still have), then I bought a 2002 CBR954RR, a few months after I bought my bike I was t-boned by a jeep cherokee. So while I was laid up and collected unemployment and insurance money I purchased a 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi. Since then I have invested way too much of my money into this beast of a car. Back in late november I fried the wiring harness in multiple spots (previous owner had a wrong altenator on it). Then I decided to jack the car up and perform some adjustments on it, and the jack went through the floor board. (the talon is a canadian model, thus rust has been a big issue).

Needless to say, after much of my time, I have decided to do this car right, and I bought a 91 eclipse gsx, that has a beautiful frame, and wiring harness. I am in the process of swapping everything over from the talon to the eclipse. Now for the parts list.

Full suspension, you name it, i have it, just not adjustable tubular a-arms (which i really want but cannot afford at the moment), bushings all around, bigger sway bars, strut bars, eibach pro-kit, kyb agx struts, (next step is coil overs all around but again, it costs money).

Engine mods:currently big 16g (which once i pull the motor that is being upgraded to a gt3582r or a holset hx40) 560cc injectors, holley fuel rail, aeromotive a1000 fuel pump, 8 gallon jnz fuel cell, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, all stainless fuel lines, tial wastegate, greddy type s, and greddy type rs BOV, fmic, 3 inch open down pipe, Apexi AVCR electronic boost controller, SAFC (which is being replaced by DSM link or megasquirt that is still up for debate), all autometer guages (name the gauge I probably have it). Shep stage 3 transmission also with a welded center diff.

Umm, really can't think but I know I missing probably a lot.

My best time at Beech Bend 1/4 mile track was 11.626 at 121mph, my 1/8th was 7.542 at 94mph and my 60ft was 1.76. The same day I broke my rear axle and destroyed my transmission. I hate track bite, its to rough, haha.

A little about myself, I am a broke college student going to Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green, Kentucky. I have been working at Advance Auto Parts for over 3 years, and during that time I have also worked at the Corvette Plant for a year and a half. Below are some pictures of my toys.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p53/brian-preston/Talon%20Parts/DSC_0204.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p53/brian-preston/Talon%20Parts/DSC_0197.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p53/brian-preston/Talon%20Parts/DSC_0198.jpg

Those are all of my Talon, this eclipse is what I am currently swapping into.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p53/brian-preston/DSC_0128.jpg

and last but not least, a memory of my old toy that was destroyed by a jeep.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p53/brian-preston/Picture054.jpg

also, I am trying to start my own photo business so if you want some shots let me know, I am a cheap photographer, and can show you my portfolio.

• Upvote 3

welcome. thoughtful of you to give some gauges to the passenger too...

yeah, i was thinking they would enjoy the hot oil if the oil pressure gauge ever busts and they might like to see my water temp as well. :D

• 4 weeks later...
Welcome, clean car, and a nice intro. I'm gonna rep you but out of curiosity, why join columbus racing ?

I am actually from dayton, and planning on moving back this summer. Just looking for the car scene when i get up there.

• Upvote 1

welcome! That looks like my old talon but in wayyy better shape haha. I miss my talon sometimes it was a great car till the trans blew.

yeah. funny story. shattered the center diff in my first trans. so I purchased a sheptrans stage 3. after a few awd donuts in a field in front of the city municipal building, now that shit is grinding. Leave it to me to destroy a fully built trans.:confused:

did you join the cincy forums? they have some mean ass cars and most of the guys down there are laid back and crazy as hell.

idk how it is i was down there a month ago and it was rediculess.... idk how its goign to be now.. i am sure the cincy po-po are going to crack down after that accident last week.

Welcome! I gotta be honest thought, from the title of your thread, I was expecting some sexy Corvette pics. :( But either way it ounds like you know what you're doing for the most part so enjoy CR!

welcome i go down there for the ts diesel event, i remember last year racing a bunch of import cars that whole weekend we stayed in the ramada inn.. it was a good time. there was a big corvette meet in our parking lot, you should have seen the diesel vs corvette shit talking that was going on, i would like to go to the muesume eventually.

Is 5th gear grinding? If so you're trans is toast its just a matter of time.

yeah, they all grind. i think what killed it was doing awd donuts in the middle of a field in the mud, in second gear. oh wel. time for another one

Welcome , how do you like Kentucky? Might end up living there after my service is up. We were looking near Lexington or U of K.

i honestly hate this state worth a passion. people are nice and the pace is slow, but i hate local and state law enforcement.