CR invades Kilkare Dragway

evil8

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was referring to the other ZO6's not your car, and I know how much these damn rear ends cost. That is why I haven't put tires on mine yet. I'm really getting tired of the damn wheel hop and not having traction, but I guess I just want to see an 11.xx pass on radials for some reason. Just steal the rear end from the black turbo LS1 RX7.

Only 1 C6 Z06 was out and the driver cut a 1.41 on his 4th pass in the car... not too bad I'd say. As for my car, I cut consistant 1.4x 60's, but this year expect consistant 1.3x with the addition of the new trans and transbrake.

Only 1 C6 Z06 was out and the driver cut a 1.41 on his 4th pass in the car... not too bad I'd say. As for my car, I cut consistant 1.4x 60's, but this year expect consistant 1.3x with the addition of the new trans and transbrake.

Ok, so heads/cam c5 ZO6 or other vettes with heads/cam. I'm giving a little shit to those who haven't hit the ET's that they should when Garrett has. I know most of the cars and I guess they don't know me on here, but most should still be able to 60' better than they have. If not, let Garrett drive :).

Ok, so heads/cam c5 ZO6 or other vettes with heads/cam. I'm giving a little shit to those who haven't hit the ET's that they should when Garrett has. I know most of the cars and I guess they don't know me on here, but most should still be able to 60' better than they have. If not, let Garrett drive :).

It takes time to figure out a car, you cant just go out and run what the car is "supposed" to run automatically. If you have an auto you can learn quicker...but one simple mis-shift or fault in a 6-spd car = bad et. Garrett knows his car and clutch very well by now and he is a good driver.

Problem is that nobody wants to listen my ghetto ways to get a vette to hook up.

I did....and look what happened :D

It takes time to figure out a car, you cant just go out and run what the car is "supposed" to run automatically. If you have an auto you can learn quicker...but one simple mis-shift or fault in a 6-spd car = bad et. Garrett knows his car and clutch very well by now and he is a good driver.

I did....and look what happened :D

I know this. I was at the track last Thursday and talked to you for a little bit. It's just a matter of learning the setup like you said. For some reason everyone thinks that you have to side step a clutch at 5K to get a good 60', which is not true at all. Slipping it out at 3500 or so will get you in 1.7x range, if not better. From there, it's just keep it to the floor and make sure it stays relatively straight. It took me a long time to figure out the launch. It's just a matter of actually going to the track and practicing, not just going once or twice a year.

• 1 month later...
I hope all of these cars have cage's in them??? and if not how are you getting away with it.

The Z06 has a 4-pt roll-bar but not a formal cage. We got warned both outings and were not allowed to make another pass after his 9-second run.

Jeff

yeah i was wondering. because i thought anything faster than 11.49 had to have a 6 point roll cage.

Mark (Orange Z06) actually got them to "Look the other way" down to a 10.0 with the 4-pt bar most of last year. Unfortunately the car would only go that slow with the boost controller completely turned off lol. Soon as he ran a 9-anything he was kicked out.

Private days on the other hand...

Jeff