CR invades Kilkare Dragway

evil8

I don't remember saying anything about your car and my car has gone 12.0's on shitty sumitomo radials, if that really matters. That wasn't on a 1.6x 60' either. Put a better rear end in it next time and you won't have to worry about breaking it.

well lets see my car has heads and cam....take your rear end out and sell it to me and I would....

rear end 250

subframe 650

custom axels 600-1000

custom driveshaft 400-600

labor ??

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well lets see my car has heads and cam....take your rear end out and sell it to me and I would....

rear end 250

subframe 650

custom axels 600-1000

labor ??

I was referring to the other ZO6's not your car, and I know how much these damn rear ends cost. That is why I haven't put tires on mine yet. I'm really getting tired of the damn wheel hop and not having traction, but I guess I just want to see an 11.xx pass on radials for some reason. Just steal the rear end from the black turbo LS1 RX7.

I was referring to the other ZO6's not your car, and I know how much these damn rear ends cost. That is why I haven't put tires on mine yet. I'm really getting tired of the damn wheel hop and not having traction, but I guess I just want to see an 11.xx pass on radials for some reason. Just steal the rear end from the black turbo LS1 RX7.

lol. he does have an the exact setup I am planning.

Guest Removed

rear end 250

subframe 650

custom axels 600-1000

labor cheap

fixxed ;)

We are heading back down today with the Z06 and GT500 since the weather looks good. Hopefully if the prep is better we will be able to get a solid 9-second pass out of the vette.

Wish us luck!

Jeff

Traction for the vette and it's an easy 9 sec pass. I have a feeling that they will prep a little better for the Saturday racing.

So, 4 passes in and it made a solid 9 second pass. Nice. Heard it cut a much better 60'. Do you guys have video of the pass?

Yes we do :) That pass was a 1.41 60-ft so not too shabby for his 4th pass in the car ever. He wanted to launch it "Much Harder" on the next pass and killed the tranny lol. I think he is going to stick to rolling it out and cutting low 1.4's from now on.

Hua took footage both Thursday night and today (Plus dyno vids from a couple weeks ago) and will be putting something cool together for us :)

Jeff

Finding DR's in 20" with a window of a couple hours left no other option.

Jeff

EDIT: We are ordering the CCW drag-pack for the car next week with MUCH better rubber :)

15-16in Bogarts with slicks or the stockers with a DR. That is just what I would do so I would not have to run the shitty wannabe DR. Just saying if he has the money to build it why buy a shitty non hooking tire and just spin when you can get a good set up and hook.

congrats on the 9.7 pass in the vette

15-16in Bogarts with slicks or the stockers with a DR. That is just what I would do so I would not have to run the shitty wannabe DR. Just saying if he has the money to build it why buy a shitty non hooking tire and just spin when you can get a good set up and hook.

Because the Mustang is more his "Street" car (He drove it 18+ hours from TX) and he doesn't want slicks on either one. We had a window of 3 hours to find a 20" DR in Columbus and I was surprised the Nitto's were even available in that size to be honest.

He loves the look of the CCW's on the Z06 and how much better the M&H's hooked so that is what he wants. Regardless, it should be quite a bit quicker with everything we have planned for it in the near future :)

Jeff

9.7 @ 143 its first pass :)

Heads up. I got a call from #2 in command of Kilkare asking about this car. You guys might want to look into putting a RollCAGE in that Vette. They realize it has a Rollbar, but at 10.00 and under or 135 mph and faster a Rollcage is required. Kilkare's new management is going to be much stricter this year than in the past. They are working on improving track prep and safety, as tracks like Norwalk.

I have bald tires...he has brand new. what does yyour cobra run again?

I went to the track going for mile per hour not E.T. I cant launch the car or bang gears...or I break a rear end again.

Exactly....mph is what I was lookin for aswell :cool: