How I got scammed out of $2500 -- options??

Slimpsy1647545505

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if anybody got fucked i would say it was them. you decided to sign a contract and then not go trough with it. 99% of the people on here act like they would give you your money back and they wouldnt. if you would have flaked on me on a contract like this or any company they would have kept your deposit. but congrats on getting your 2gs back.

Nope. . took it in to their bank directly after getting it and had it verified. . and had the bank give me cash. Didn't even try to cash it at my own and wait for it to clear. ;)

The brightest move made by either party in this whole deal. Good Job!!

if anybody got fucked i would say it was them. you decided to sign a contract and then not go trough with it. 99% of the people on here act like they would give you your money back and they wouldnt. if you would have flaked on me on a contract like this or any company they would have kept your deposit. but congrats on getting your 2gs back.

I almost agree. Everyone is saying this is a scam. They took something off the market for them, potentially costing them money. Honestly, he is lucky he got his 2G's back, "scam" or not. It is not their responsibility to go over every square inch of writing on a contract with you. Be more careful next time and don't believe what people say.

Reminds me of all of those people who believed the bank salesperson telling them "Oh, sure you can afford this $500,000 house when you make $25,000 a year." They didn't read the contract either.

That's the thing though, they didn't take it off the market. . . they left all online advertisements up (24 hours later mind you) and it was still available for the scamming. Regardless of whether or not it was as much of a scam as I believe it to be. . . they insisted my wife bring them cash. . . not even waiting til I was home or available to work out an agreement with them. They took advantage of her over-eagerness, and as such. . they should burn in hell.

Kthxbye

And furthermore. . . what kind of legitimate business person meets someone (my wife) at a mcdonalds parking lot. . . doesn't even have the decency to get out and shake her hand or greet her. . asks "do you have the money" tells her "we're in a hurry, sign this as proof of payment, it's basically telling you if we decide not to go through with it you get a refund".

HONESTLY. Who got fucked over here?

I believe you were part of a scam in a sense and your wife got taken advantage of. My whole point is you have to watch your back even if you are buying a house from a preacher himself.

Yes, that is true. I would have never given someone 2500 cash regardless. I don't know what the wife was thinking. ANYWAYYYYY. . . I'm not out for revenge on these people, mainly cause I have a family to take care of.

However, I will not feel sorry for them in any way or believe for one second what they did was "ok", and can only hope karma comes back on them for what they do to people. If you seriously think that I'm the one fucking them. . seriously re-evaluate this entire thread and put yourself in my shoes.

Yes, that is true. I would have never given someone 2500 cash regardless. I don't know what the wife was thinking. ANYWAYYYYY. . . I'm not out for revenge on these people, mainly cause I have a family to take care of.

However, I will not feel sorry for them in any way or believe for one second what they did was "ok", and can only hope karma comes back on them for what they do to people. If you seriously think that I'm the one fucking them. . seriously re-evaluate this entire thread and put yourself in my shoes.

I didn't say that in the least. I am talking about the people saying you shouldn't be happy with them giving back $2,000. They could have easily gotten away with all of it.

I didn't say that in the least. I am talking about the people saying you shouldn't be happy with them giving back $2,000. They could have easily gotten away with all of it.

Right, I wasn't calling you out Kev. . I was just saying for anyone who doesn't feel like I SHOULD HAVE got back the money.

And yes, they could have gotten away with all of it. . . easily? Not a chance. LoL

It is not their responsibility to go over every square inch of writing on a contract with you. Be more careful next time and don't believe what people say.

Actually in home contracts it is their responsibility to point out all parts of every page of the contract. If he were dealing with a legit Realtor or someone else involved in home purchases the contract would probably have required both of them to initial next to the "fine print" to show that they had read it.