Today will go down in Epic Sucess in my life with cars!!!!

neonkiller

definitely feels good to turn your own wrenches. i've been through 12 years of blood/sweat/tears with the '87 in my sig, and 5 years with the cobra.

one thing though---i find myself over-researching mods, and over-analyzing upgrades to the point where i don't do them. i'm so damn busy that its getting easier to just drop the car off and tell the shop what i want. i'm fighting that urge right now with my cobra, as my '85 sits in the shop right now.

congrats

I have completely outgrown any claustrophobia I once had while under the car in the same sorta situation lol. Doing my clutch, putting the tranny back up.. I think i was on the floor for a solid 3 hours holding my tranny up with a shitty scissors jack and my legs as i was jiggling it to go in.. Yeah it felt good when that bitch slid into place (chose my words carefully and it still sounds terrible). Felt even better to get out from under the car though lol.

I remember when the clutch went out on my DSM never worked on a dsm, let alone a fwd 4cyl, I was used to the v8 rwd platform as my previous vehicle was a v8 s-10.

drug the car home off the side of 270, had the trans out the next day, clutch ordered and had the car back up and running in a week as I wanted to make sure everything went together had no help what so ever, just looked at a lot of pictures and read a repair manual.

about 4months later I destroyed my transmission 2nd gear would grind and eventually would pop out at low rpms, well one night I forgot lined up with my buddies OMNI GLHT at a traffic light, well I slammed 2nd pretty hard lost 2nd gear, later that night I destroyed 4th gear so basically I had 1st,3rd,5th and reverse

after doing a clutch swap I had the old tranny out and the new trans in within hour and a half then driving the car half an hr later I was proud of myself that I accomplished all that without the knowledge and know how

Shanton I commend you on your troubles with the trans

props man. I put in the tranny on the company box truck last year thinking it wasn't going to be that big of a deal. Well it was lol and it took almost 2 days to get everything said and done but great job bro. I'm def. gonna be callin ur ass up when I start tooling underneath the vw thats for sure!

I know the feeling man must of been great good work.

P.S. Miller if you need help on your tranny call me I can get a t5 out of a foxbody in less than an hour im like shanton here swaping trannys alot haha

I'm going to call you and shanton up in a week or two and we will do this. I'll get us some beer and pizza if you guys head out here.

you know im down homie.

P.S. shanton hows the clutch now?

Its nice no leaks as I drove home last night so hopefully when I walk out of my house for work today I wont have to torch the fucker:cool:

congrats, you just made it into my sig. this might be the funniest thing i've seen go unnoticed on CR ever.

I swear to you I just woke up from a dream about that, weird!