Another call out thread

DKilbourne

I've been watching some of the racing going down at the track lately and wanted to know how many of the 450-500 rwhp cars are actually running what they should. Mine hasn't, but it isn't at 450 wheel :). There might be a certain fox body mustang running around that has around the 450 wheel mark and is full weight plus a little extra with the 3550 and little ass blower on it, that runs around 1/2 second quicker than all of the higher horsepower cars that weigh less. I don't need to see anyone in here with more than 500 wheel running off at the mouth. What I want to see is who out there with 450-500 wheel is actually pulling a decent E.T. I guess I'll start by saying that anything slower than say, 11.70's, should just not worry about posting at this point. Let's stir the shit a little and find out who in this range can out E.T. this poor little fox body. This isn't the race for money thread, but just the get the most out of a combo at the track thread. Let the shit talking commence. By the way, this one's for Dyno Brian.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a requirement to make at least 450whp if you trap run quicker than 11.70's? Not that I do, I just know some that do.

No, not really. Just seems to be the range of the cars running around that I am thinking of. I know there are more of you out there. Let's hear the excuses. Proceed.

No, not really. Just seems to be the range of the cars running around that I am thinking of. I know there are more of you out there. Let's hear the excuses. Proceed.

did i make excuses? what do you run? wanna put some money down on a race or what?

did i make excuses? what do you run? wanna put some money down on a race or what?

I didn't quote you on this and if you can read it clearly says that we aren't talking about money races here. I already said that my car hasn't run what it should either. The funny part about it is that I have never had a decent tire under it and have gone 12.0's. I'll make sure to have some good tires come fall track day, since I won't be able to attend the one in two weeks. I'm still waiting on everyone else to come in and say "I don't know my car yet". I know that is going to happen, but that is why this is in the kitchen and not anywhere else. As a side note, I've heard that bias-ply tires are easier on the IRS than drag radials. Might want to look into that, since you had some "issues" with your last one.

I have Turborust's used up nitto 555r's on my car...so i know what you mean about not having a good tire on. i didnt have issue's, it was just wore the fuck out...

I was thinking of the pic of the center section being split in half when I put "issues" down. That didn't look good at all. All of the input I have seen on the bias ply tires on the IRS seems to be that the softer sidewall absorbs more of the hit and transfers less to the other parts that tend to break. I've heard this from the Cobra and Supra owners. I'd assume that it would help with your car as well. Just speculation at this point. Back to the original topic, who out there is running 450-500 wheel and runs at the track? What are you running? Let's hear it.

First question is do you have a converter setup for spray? If you do, then it won't run quite as well N/A. Since you offered yourself up on this, what does the car run N/A?

Edit: 11.513. 11.813 on nitrous tune at 22* timing (I need to install a timing retard system so that I dont have to switch back and forth

) . The converter works with and without spray.

lol. we should line up forsure this year. as I will be doing the same.

LOL definitley. Hopefully this year I can get my tune dialed in and not have to use 175 jets to get a 150 shot :o

Edited by V8 Beast

Edit: 11.513. 11.813 on nitrous tune at 22* timing (I need to install a timing retard system so that I dont have to switch back and forth

) . The converter works with and without spray.

This works. 11.50's are acceptable. Now how about everyone else?

LOL....I went 11.70 at 120 mph. My car weighs 3850 pounds with me in it. I think that is respectable. I have had it to the track 2 times. My car is slammed so the weight transfer sucks. Are you reffering to Dans Fox? If so I saw him running thursday and it looked very strong.

To be honest I could care less what it runs at the track. I never go to the track. As long as the car performs "elsewhere". Sure if I ran 50 more times I know it would go faster. But it doesnt really bother me.

12.23 @118 with a 2.0 60. say what you want, but I could care less about a track time. I am not going to take a chance of breaking my car to get a "respectable" time.

oh yeah, that is 451 rwhp and race weight of 3650.