Fucking COBRA FUCKING FAILURE

dover

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing people say headgasket. Was your car overheating at all? When i blew my hg the car wasn't smoking but rather overheating.

EDIT: Just throwin this out there, Leo from SF used to have a cobra, and he switched it over to a single turbo and had nothing but problems. He always said the cars ran best on the stock blower w/ spray, He got rid of it though.

With the amount of oil it sounds like he is talking about, it doesnt sound like a head gasket. I would think he would of seen some coolant loss or smelled coolant if it was. Maybe a valve cover gasket blew or something, I dunno much about this motors. I didnt read much in this thread but is the motor making any weird noises when running, like something is broke in there. I would be surprised if an oil line didnt pop off somewhere on the passenger side. Where do they tap the motor for a oil feed for the turbo?

I blew my engine again at kilkare on 5th pass. That was on the opening day. I had just rebuilt the engine from blowing it last year. This time it screwed up my teksid block. I have another teksid block at the machine shop being bored and honed right now. I have all my new parts and I'm just waiting for the block to assemble it. It also cost $488 to have my heads repaired. I blew mine on a saturday and on monday it was on a stand completly disassembled. My a/f was 10.5 and look at this.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/y2k2gt/100_3632.jpg

Let me know if you need any help.

If you did blow a line off the turbo there is a chance it ruined the seals.

I know of more than one that has blown the head gaskets.

Looks like you may have lost a injector or something.

I had those checked and they were fine. My battery's ground terminal was loose and that was where my fuel pumps got their ground. I have a data log that supports this. It blew before the 1/8.

stop being all butt hurt, once you get it back together youll keep it. i did the same thing last year and i didnt have 1/4 of the $ you have into the stang

you didn't have any money in it, your dad paid for it all, as angie took a loan out for you to buy/mod your car now! lets back this up you did buy a used $10 outside door handle for your z28 and you bitched about the cost and i'll add that i was the one who removed the handle at the yard and installed it on your car outside in 10 degree weather! :asshole:

you didn't have any money in it, your dad paid for it all, as angie took a loan out for you to buy/mod your car now! lets back this up you did buy a used $10 outside door handle for your z28 and you bitched about the cost and i'll add that i was the one who removed the handle at the yard and installed it on your car outside in 10 degree weather! :asshole:

oh high cwaig, long time no see. fix ur fone bish

I slept through today, didn't bother going over to the garage, Hal, Kurt, and Dustin and possibly Shanton are coming over tomorrow at some point to dip into it. It's a little bit different wanting to quit when you have no money in your project and than when you have everything from the last two years in it. I just pissed away my deployment money. It's a little harder to cope with that than the norm. It will be fixed and sold. And on to a fun fast car that will look good and cruise good.

Guest Removed

good..look at it like this..when your making good power, your going to break shit.

fix it..sounds like it might be simple shit at that.. may have just blew a gasket, or a hose off.

Guest GMoney

If there is a ton of oil out the back and all over the motor and it still runs it has to be a supply or oil return line.

Rings would only be smoke out the back.

If it was a head gasket bad enough it puked that much oil then it would have gotten hot and/or puked the antifreeze too.

If it punched a window in the block the motor would have locked up or not run well.

You may have done more damage driving the car home.

I can completely sympathize with you situation. I know firsthand how sickening it is to feel your engine let go and then see that ominous cloud of white smoke rolling out the back end.

Like Rob implied, when you've heavily modified, it's not a matter of if something breaks, it's a matter of when. Hopefully, it's not something major. If it is, then I can definitely sympathize with you. Fucking cars - they are one of the most expensive hobbies ever, aren't they?

Keep your head up, and know I'm hoping for the best.

Dover,

This is what racing is all about. Blood and sweat man. Lets figure this out and go from there. You can't get rid of it yet. Wait to you have a built block, billet wheel turbo and low boost. It will be bad ass and will last a long time.With 700 HP...

I call you around 11am.