Fucking COBRA FUCKING FAILURE

dover

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright as i stand right now no money so mmr shortblock out of the question for awhile..

I hope it is something simple so it doesn't even come to something like that.

Guest Removed
Well it's just a GT, those blocks are only good for 400...not 700...lol

now for real, sorry to hear man.

its not a gt :gtfo:

white smoke...did you have head studs and good gaskets in it ,if not you might have just lifted the heads and pushed the gaskets out...was the pcv system modded right so i dont blow boost into the oil system?

Dude I saw the white smoke come up as I was running Phil, sucks man.... GL I hope it is just a line or a gasket......

i wasnt doing shit lol

all i know is i got to sit in a 700hp cobra, and push that heavy pig as well. dover if you need anymore help with anything call someone else, i cant help you lol. but ill buy drinks next week

its not a gt :gtfo:

white smoke...did you have head studs and good gaskets in it ,if not you might have just lifted the heads and pushed the gaskets out...was the pcv system modded right so i dont blow boost into the oil system?

Last I looked at it, there weren't head studs. Lifting heads is very very uncommon on these cars, I'd be surprised about that.

That sucks! But just a question, why would you drive it 10 min home instead of immediately pulling over and inspecting for damage and getting it towed?

we were on 70 and it was to dark to see shit anyway

LimitedSlip7- I knew what it was going to be and I was close enough to home that I didn't want to sit on the side of the freeway for 3 hours waiting for AAA to get there and do that shit.

Rob it is a bone stock motor. I have never heard of these motor's lifting the heads before. I do have the shitty Version 1 Heads on it though. By the way its the Passenger side that is covered in oil. I have no idea about the PCV system.

LimitedSlip7- I knew what it was going to be and I was close enough to home that I didn't want to sit on the side of the freeway for 3 hours waiting for AAA to get there and do that shit.

Rob it is a bone stock motor. I have never heard of these motor's lifting the heads before. I do have the shitty Version 1 Heads on it though. By the way its the Passenger side that is covered in oil. I have no idea about the PCV system.

I've seen one or two cases and only under high boost or spray. The first run heads will only be an issue with the plug threads and valve guides.

I'll have to look through my Hellion stuff but the PCV should have been modified, I know there haven't been any issues with that in the past. Passenger side could be the feed line blowing off and spitting oil on the belt which would throw it up.

god damn economy!!! if you need help tomorrow I got the day off and not shit to do

i knew you were going to say that shit. i have off tomorrow as well, let me know, im good for jokes. thats about it

Guest Removed
Last I looked at it, there weren't head studs. Lifting heads is very very uncommon on these cars, I'd be surprised about that.

:bs:

pull your head out of the MAC catalog :gtfo:

then what the fuck are these? http://www.jegs.com/i/ARP/070/256-4201/10002/-1 what the hell do you call those?

they have been out for a while, just crazy priced..

and i thought the whole deal with these is under some much boost so on, they lift the heads etc... or maybe i was reading it wrong.

Guest Removed
People on SVT are saying blown head gasket possibly.

see from what i remember reading, these lift heads around the 700hp mark :confused: but hell what do i know...

and like i was saying. the big mistake is not modded the pcv system, so boost dont go into it... well when using the na intake setup

Guest Removed
Last I looked at it, there weren't head studs.

Rob, clean your glasses off. I'm talking about his car, I know they make head studs.

though you was saying they dont make them....

i could have swore i read somewhere these where bad about lifting heads, without studs in them.. or good gaskets

see from what i remember reading, these lift heads around the 700hp mark :confused: but hell what do i know...

and like i was saying. the big mistake is not modded the pcv system, so boost dont go into it... well when using the na intake setup

Yuuuup! That's what I did to ruin my gaskets. Any shop should have modded that, though. If they didn't...I just won't go there.

though you was saying they dont make them....

i could have swore i read somewhere these where bad about lifting heads, without studs in them.. or good gaskets

It's possible but I haven't really seen much of it. There were a couple turbo cars out there that did have some head lift issues. They had to go to an o-ring setup because even the studs wouldn't hold.

Guest Removed
It's possible but I haven't really seen much of it. There were a couple turbo cars out there that did have some head lift issues. They had to go to an o-ring setup because even the studs wouldn't hold.

yeah but the o ring ordeal was cars running around the 900hp mark wasnt it :confused: