Need help: Rear brakes '99 Mustang

Yeah. That thread I listed shows some good shots of what I was looking for. Bad thing is, the backside pad was missing (worn down a bit) and I don't believe the new pads came with shims to hold the pads in place.

You can buy caliper harware at the parts store if yours is missing. Some higher grade pads come with it, but most don't.

I haven't seen a set of pads come with the clips for a while now. They sell it separatehttp://smiliesftw.com/x/cece_ugh_greddy.gif

I get it all the time at work, but like I said it has to be a high grade pad. We sell mostly Wagner Thermoquiets excellent pad, and usually has the shims included.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Oh, and when I said there was no inside pad...there was no pad, no plate, no nothing. The caliper piston was riding against the rotor. Was making a lovely sound.

You may want to reset that caliper if you haven't already, it could be over extended. I would suggest new calipers if there is much damage.