$10g's...need a car now

Bam

Okay, old threads gone, new price range.

$10k, must be 4 door, not looking for a fuckin camry, find me a wrx or e55 or a6 2.7tt, etc etc, or something fast and fun, I need something by this weekend, appreciate any help.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did you get that loan?

yup, got everything set up, haven't gotten one yet cuz i can't find a car, but i'm good to go if i do. I wanted to try and find something with the cash i have, but guess that's not gonna happen. see you at trackday? wish me luck and i might have something. :D

Thanks, called on one of them, just hard to believe they still go for that much with the miles....kinda frustrating, i'd rather find one for like $12k super clean/low miles. But yeah, definitely a possibility.

yup, got everything set up, haven't gotten one yet cuz i can't find a car, but i'm good to go if i do. I wanted to try and find something with the cash i have, but guess that's not gonna happen. see you at trackday? wish me luck and i might have something. :D

yep see you friday. you best have a car! ill help ya look

Thats alot of miles.

Look at this

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1131602353.html

Seen that, its actually around the corner from me since I live in bexley too, just not sure if the auto would do, never owned an automatic...might though, its been for sale for a long time, probably pretty neogtiable.

jones loves his audis but still claims he wont buy one out of warranty. I'd stay the hell away from them I'm sure he"ll chime in soon

Well there is some truth to this, however it also pertains to pretty much ALL german cars. BMW, Mercedes, Audi, VW etc will all be on the high side of maint/mod costs.

The 2.7 Bi-turbo is known to be a maint heavy engine. Also, when coupled with the smaller A4 class, heat tends to be its worst nightmare killing turbos, seals and pretty much all rubber products because of the tiny engine bay. However in the larger A6 chassis, the 2.7T is much more reliable. They are not known to kill the turbo's, but the seals and rubber stuff still gets abused.

I am an Audi/VW guy all the way, so I would be looking for a B6 (2002-2005) A4 Avant 1.8T Quattro manual. They can be had for around 10k for the avant and under 10k for the sedan. Add a chip and injectors and you have a fun to drive daily driver.

For 10k you have a lot of choices.

Mustang GT

F-body

GTP

SRT-4

WRX

My list would be

MKIV(99-06) Jetta/GTI 1.8T/VR6

B6 A4 1.8TQM

You can also pick up a good B5 S4 sedan for around 10k, but as stated, they are very expensive to keep usually.

Well there is some truth to this, however it also pertains to pretty much ALL german cars. BMW, Mercedes, Audi, VW etc will all be on the high side of maint/mod costs.

The 2.7 Bi-turbo is known to be a maint heavy engine. Also, when coupled with the smaller A4 class, heat tends to be its worst nightmare killing turbos, seals and pretty much all rubber products because of the tiny engine bay. However in the larger A6 chassis, the 2.7T is much more reliable. They are not known to kill the turbo's, but the seals and rubber stuff still gets abused.

I am an Audi/VW guy all the way, so I would be looking for a B6 (2002-2005) A4 Avant 1.8T Quattro manual. They can be had for around 10k for the avant and under 10k for the sedan. Add a chip and injectors and you have a fun to drive daily driver.

For 10k you have a lot of choices.

Mustang GT - Had

F-body - too small backseat

GTP - Had

SRT-4 - considering

WRX - considering

My list would be

MKIV(99-06) Jetta/GTI 1.8T/VR6 -Found a clean 03 gti 1.8t/5spd loaded w/90k and tbelt/wp done for 7500 local at a dealer

B6 A4 1.8TQM - haven't seen cheap enough

You can also pick up a good B5 S4 sedan for around 10k, but as stated, they are very expensive to keep usually.

Found a few s4's, but i want to stay away from the a4/s4 chassis since all the problems and work required to fix/change things out.

thanks for the ideas

Guest Removed
maybe if you post find me a car threads on a interwebs forum, maybe other people with nothing to do will find you a car you will hate, and end up selling in 6 months