$10g's...need a car now

Bam

Found a few s4's, but i want to stay away from the a4/s4 chassis since all the problems and work required to fix/change things out.

thanks for the ideas

The 1.8T in the GTI is the same as the A4..........

The problems associated with the S4 do not carry over into the A4 lineup. Your call either way, but Audi's are reliable with proper maint.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My bro-in-law had an A6 2.7TT automatic...great car, but ALWAYS had some maintenance issues to work out. It was a lease but was always in the shop. Turned it in for an Acura TL...never had a single problem. He's moved on a couple of cars since then but he misses the Acura, NOT the Audi...

Guest Removed
The 1.8T in the GTI is the same as the A4..........

The problems associated with the S4 do not carry over into the A4 lineup. Your call either way, but Audi's are reliable with proper maint.

yeah but buying one, is like picking up someones Else's headache

but if you start with a lemon, all you end up with is lemon aid. or a lemon in need of aid

lol, so all Audi/VW's are lemons huh?

Proper maintenence on any car goes a long way. It might need a bit more attention than a Civic but its worth the extra effort.

Potential buyers need to be ready for potentially more problems, and more costly ones at that. However if the buyer isnt ready or willing to put up with that or do the work himself then an Audi/VW isnt in the cards.

I certainly wouldn't give up my GTI for a new Civic Si because of reliability problems.

Guest Removed
lol, so all Audi/VW's are lemons huh?

Proper maintenence on any car goes a long way. It might need a bit more attention than a Civic but its worth the extra effort.

Potential buyers need to be ready for potentially more problems, and more costly ones at that. However if the buyer isnt ready or willing to put up with that or do the work himself then an Audi/VW isnt in the cards.

I certainly wouldn't give up my GTI for a new Civic Si because of reliability problems.

i wouldnt buy german nothing unless it was a tank. yes a real tank, but hell even those would stop moving then all your left with is a big gun to shoot off. :bangbang:

i wouldnt buy german nothing unless it was a tank. yes a real tank, but hell even those would stop moving then all your left with is a big gun to shoot off. :bangbang:

Tanks are cool, even not working tanks.

Guest Removed
Thats the beauty of not having just 1 manufacturer in the US to choose from. Both you and I can buy the cars that make each of us happy.

But your right, the domestics obviously have the winning formula.

never said that. id buy korean first. at least they are made with parts made in america! and have better warranty's. but every thing out there is full of fail anymore.

never said that. id buy korean first. at least they are made with parts made in america! and have better warranty's. but every thing out there is full of fail anymore.

lol

You sound old and crochety..........."they don't make them like they used to" lol

Hyundai has really impressed me lately though. Solid cars at solid prices. A forumla that the domestics can't seem to grasp. If they have a great car, they price it out of the market. They have 0 respect anymore in the market hence needing quality cars at prices BELOW the competition.

Honda and Toyota put out solid cars, but their lack of enthusiast cars and their semi high prices provide nothing that I would buy.

Guest Removed
lol

You sound old and crochety..........."they don't make them like they used to" lol

they fucking dont! thats a fact. i grew up around old school shit, and will live breath and die over that shit. all the millions they have spent to make them better, Ha. fuck that. seems they fail more and cost way more to fix.

give me pushrods or give me death.

give me floats and chokes and im a happy boy.

they fucking dont! thats a fact. i grew up around old school shit, and will live breath and die over that shit. all the millions they have spent to make them better, Ha. fuck that. seems they fail more and cost way more to fix.

give me pushrods or give me death.

give me floats and chokes and im a happy boy.

I do agree that cars are getting more and more complex however the average car is only getting better. Toyota Camry V6's running low 14s, GTI's with dual clutch transmissions, midsized sport sedans packing up to 556hp (new V) its pretty impressive.

Guest Removed
I do agree that cars are getting more and more complex however the average car is only getting better. Toyota Camry V6's running low 14s, GTI's with dual clutch transmissions, midsized sport sedans packing up to 556hp (new V) its pretty impressive.

yeah thats all cool til you have to pay to fix the fucking thing :mad:

NOt impressive, lots of big numbers and flash.... ill let the goverment rip me off, hell they do good enough giving our money to those car building losers as is.

sorry im just being a :asshole:

Okay, old threads gone, new price range.

$10k, must be 4 door, not looking for a fuckin camry, find me a wrx or e55 or a6 2.7tt, etc etc, or something fast and fun, I need something by this weekend, appreciate any help.

never be in a hurry to buy a car.