The time thread from trails today.

V8 Beast

If it's any consolation Dave, my car made 494rwhp today explaining why I was only trapping 119-121. The car shifts at 6900, but was peaking at 6000 due to my converter crapping out. I still went 10.91 w/ 1.67 60' :)

That is not too bad. Wonder what it would have done actually making the normal power.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pulled in a 12.28@111 with a 1.778 60'. Personal best on the 60' but not on time and mile per hour. Havent driven the car since last sept. Having trouble hitting gears. All and all I am happy. Oh yea I set my two-step up incorrectly. It launched but cut timing on me once I would hit 4500 rpm. Lesson learned.

If the weather holds out on Thurs I am going to Kilcare to see if I can hit some mid 11's.

Had a great time and I got 13 runs in..Best time was on a hot lap

That is not too bad. Wonder what it would have done actually making the normal power.

The car peaks at 13psi near 6900, but at 6000 is only making 9psi then the curve starts to break up and step-down. I would think it would go maybe 10.40s-10.50s at 132-135 when acting right.

After putting the car on a Mustang Dyno today, the results as follows:

The car was running rich under load, like 10:1

The car was getting false knock on the top end thanks to the heat, which is now resolved

My belt was slipping

The kicker: The car drops power like a rock over 6k RPMs. My converter is slipping badly over 6k and chattering between 4k-6k. I'm looking at ditching this POS TCI that is less than a year old and going with something that will hold the power.

Still went 10.91, though :D

Heh, I knew your tune was not right :) And you need to watch how they tune your transmission so that it will last properly. PM me for details :)

It was not right because the sniffer previously used was incorrect as compared to the AFR1000 used today. Also, loading a car makes a big difference in how it reacts.

The tranny tune is fine already. I don't wanna go over this again.

my best of the day was a 10.17 at 133 with a personal best 1.40 60'...was my last pass of the day after the 2 hour track cleanup/prep. I had pulled some timing out of my normal 175 shot tuneup to kill a bit of power. Then go figure..it dead hooks...wish someone would have gotten a good pic of my launch..it yanked the tires pretty good.

my best of the day was a 10.17 at 133 with a personal best 1.40 60'...was my last pass of the day after the 2 hour track cleanup/prep. I had pulled some timing out of my normal 175 shot tuneup to kill a bit of power. Then go figure..it dead hooks...wish someone would have gotten a good pic of my launch..it yanked the tires pretty good.

No shit, it dead hooked for me without a burnout and on 24psi street pressure. I wish they would prepped it like that for us and not just for the Friday night event.

It was not right because the sniffer previously used was incorrect as compared to the AFR1000 used today. Also, loading a car makes a big difference in how it reacts.

The tranny tune is fine already. I don't wanna go over this again.

are saying Brian's wideband was incorrect?? I thought you made 630 whp... hows it 130 hp less than your last dyno?

Heh, I knew your tune was not right :) And you need to watch how they tune your transmission so that it will last properly. PM me for details :)

Seeing how everyone knows where the Mustang dyno is that Anthony was on today and how "they" in the above quote was meant to imply that the shop where it is at does not know what they are doing, let me clear a few things up.

Anthony has his own tuner tuning his car. It is not my shop doing the tuning work although, I do tune in my shop as well. The guy tuning the car happens to rent dyno time from my shop and he is the only tuner that I have ever allowed to rent dyno time in my shop due to my comfort level with him. I feel no need to say who it is on a public board, if Anthony wants to or the tuner wants to then that is up to those two.

Second, I have never seen the actual tune file in Anthony's car. I am sure that I could get access to it if I wanted by asking but that is between Anthony and the guy tuning the car. There is no need for me to invade Anthony's privacy or his tuners privacy. If something is off in his tune than that is between him and his tuner. I can tell you that the datalogs that were pulled today in the car were spotless which would imply that the tune was pretty much spot on after a few minor fueling adjustments were made using our AFM 1000 that did not show up on the wideband that was used to tune the car previously. That is not saying that the wideband used before was off or wrong, the AFM 1000 just happens to have a really high sampling rate. The power drop off that was seen is definately a mechanical problem not a tuning problem.

Maybe I am taking your post wrong but it comes across as bashing the tuner and the shop where the car was on the dyno today. I would not dream of doing that on a board to your shop or anyone elses shop for that matter. If you have concerns for Anthony and his car then they should be aired in private between you and him, not on a public board. We all should watch out for our customers best interest but not at the expense of slandering others. There is plenty of work to go around for all of us.

If that is not how your comments were intended and I am misreading them then you have my apologies.

Guest Eye_of_the_Beholder
After putting the car on a Mustang Dyno today, the results as follows:

The car was running rich under load, like 10:1

The car was getting false knock on the top end thanks to the heat, which is now resolved

My belt was slipping

The kicker: The car drops power like a rock over 6k RPMs. My converter is slipping badly over 6k and chattering between 4k-6k. I'm looking at ditching this POS TCI that is less than a year old and going with something that will hold the power.

Still went 10.91, though :D

well you was talking about spark knock, if the converter is chattering like that, it will see false knock. sounds like a shity tci converter IMO. put a good converter in it and retune again ;). lmk if you need it installed :)

are saying Brian's wideband was incorrect?? I thought you made 630 whp... hows it 130 hp less than your last dyno?

brian tunes his car :confused:

brady, i think your spot on

wow. she was logged in on the laptop, but its gearhead posting..lmao got to start watching that. didnt know she stayed logged in

What did you run?

Kind of hard to run when I'm in a car on the way to Cincinnati. It's still just a question of who ran what. I'll let you know what the car runs the next time out. Atleast it was great weather for everyone.

If you don't mind me asking, are you still running an AMC motor? If so what combo?

Yes Scotty, Believe it or not, it is a AMC engine in there.. 430CI.

a 4.25 bore with a 3.80 stroke crankshaft, a set of Indy sr cyl. heads with a little 1150 dominator carb (i did say ALL MOTOR right)

with a Jerico 4 spd. I was leaving at th esame rpm as last year 6800.. shift about 8K...

but fridays outing wasn't very impresive for us..

Last time out last fall 9.37 @ 141 mph.

I'm saying that since Brian couldn't remove my WB02 and used a sniffer in my tailpipe versus Brady plugging his AFR1000 directly into my bung, there is a difference in readings.

Also, my car made 612rwhp @ 13psi @ 6900 RPMs on Brian's DynoJet. It made 494rwhp @ 9psi @ 6000 RPMs on Brady's Mustang Dyno under a load. The car is missing power now over 6k due to my converter not being able to hold anymore.

I thought this was a time thread not a anthony's car tuning thread.

Welcome to CR. Half of the threads will change direction more than once and end up on a some topic not even related to the first post :D

I ran 5 times.

worst...

13.86@101.40 2.26 60'

best...

13.59@102.92 2.11 60'

lid, k&n, hptuned, A4

Being almost 100% stock and with just a basic tune (codes & minor tranny stuff) thats about right. There is more to be had in the car, but I'd wait to get a full dyno tune till you get more mods on the car to make it worth while.

Bill

Best stock time 14.93 @ 93.67 with a 2.07 60'

Best chipped run was 14.01 @ 98.68 with a 2.00 60'

Not a single run could I get the 60' down below 2.0. Almost every pass wasa 2.0 with a couple 2.1's. I need to learn to launch the car. First time dragging this car and its been a LONG time since Ive dragged anything AWD.

What RPM are you launching at?

Had a great time. I haven't been to the drag strip in over 10 years. No matter what I tried I couldn't get the wife's sled to hook. It actually ran it's best time when I shifted to 2nd early to avoid the wheel spin / axle hop issues I was getting in 1st.

Best run:

60' - 2.2

1/2 - 12.7 @ 113.5

Ran 12.8 and 12.9 back to back hotlapping it with the wife riding shotgun.

Andy

Being almost 100% stock and with just a basic tune (codes & minor tranny stuff) thats about right. There is more to be had in the car, but I'd wait to get a full dyno tune till you get more mods on the car to make it worth while.

Bill

Whats up Bill, I'm real happy with the tune. I had alot of comments on how well it ran.

Thanks and I have a few things in the works so as soon as I get these few things bought and put on I will be back.

Id like to trap at least 110mph and I'll be happy at that point.

What RPM are you launching at?

I wasn't necessarily watching the RPMs that closely. I was going by engine noise more than anything. Also trying to find the trick to getting the 60' lower. The launches were anywhere between 3k and 5.5k. Hot lapping like a mofo too when I got the 14.0. Shoulda brought a spray bottle to cool the IC's.