The time thread from trails today.

V8 Beast

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
doesnt matter if you cant transfer the power...all my bike wanted to do in first 2 gears was wheelie.

ride it out pussy! not everything has to be WOT...lmao

we enjoyed ourselves as normal.

yuo guys (gals) are a Great bunch to go to the track with.

The starting line was in wonderful shape, but IMO from about 150 feet on out, the track didnt seem to want to hold my piece of shit.

Personally only made 2 runs down the track.

the first pass the car left good with the front wheels up about 2 feet, but when i shifted into 3 rd gear (before the 1/8 the car was loose) I aborted that pass.

the 2nd time up, the car did a HUGE wheelstand witht he front wheels up about 4 feet, ya no shit, the wheels came up over the wall and then some, Guess i panicked and it came down hard, that pass also aborted..

was very disapointed the track didnt bother to clean up all the OIL that was down up by the tower for the left lane side. It apeared to me it was just getting worse as time went by, it was being drug all over the place, and persoanlly a low 9 sec. car and oil on the tires doesnt mix. So that is when i decided that was enough for the day..

this was our first time out with the piece of shit this year, all in all a good first outing i guess,, just need to get ride of the spring in the wheely bars so it doesnt do any more 4 foot wheelies. freshend the engine over the winter and we found a extra 30 horse from last year.

againe we had a Great time, thats for the get togther!

Mike

Best run in the Cuda trying to sort out the new drive train.

Left soft the car should 60 ft high 1.3 to low 1.4

short shifted the engine by acouple hundred RPM

I might have to put a transbrake in. It's really a lot harder to foot brake with 4 wheel disk brakes.

The hardest run I didn't get a time as left before the tree was activated. I changed the 2 step and the car began to roll and I pushed the brake so hard my calf cramp up and I just left instead of waiting

60 ft 1.508

ET 10.354

MPH 131.43

^^^ Cuda looked good!

Disapointing day for myself. 1st run after many changes I just wanted to see how the car was going to go strait so I left off before the 1/8th

Second run tried transbrake and blew the tires off the line

3rd run changed suspension and car felt like a boat anchor attatched to it.

4th run, tightened belt and changed launch rpm and eneded with a 10.80 at 130 still feeling like a boat anchor was attatched. Car is over a second and 14 mph down from last year. Back to the drawing board and head back up this friday.

Thats cus the other 600's were all stock height and not strapped in the front....

my best.

Car: 1.8 60'

12.12 @ 117, all motor.

Bike: 11.3 @121

2.0 60'

True that, and I finally learned my bike some more pretty much the 2nd actual time at a track with the new bike

first pass was 11.6@125 2.18 60'

Last pass was 11.361@127mph 2.11 60'

Still gotta get my launch down and that will be from learning the bike and being less of a pussy on the launch but lots of thanks to Jeremy and Daniel who helped me dial in the bike and myself now its time to get a strap so I can spank the other Paul all the way down the track just not catch him at the 1000ft mark all though it made it more fun for me :) good times guys!!!

we enjoyed ourselves as normal.

yuo guys (gals) are a Great bunch to go to the track with.

The starting line was in wonderful shape, but IMO from about 150 feet on out, the track didnt seem to want to hold my piece of shit.

Personally only made 2 runs down the track.

the first pass the car left good with the front wheels up about 2 feet, but when i shifted into 3 rd gear (before the 1/8 the car was loose) I aborted that pass.

the 2nd time up, the car did a HUGE wheelstand witht he front wheels up about 4 feet, ya no shit, the wheels came up over the wall and then some, Guess i panicked and it came down hard, that pass also aborted..

was very disapointed the track didnt bother to clean up all the OIL that was down up by the tower for the left lane side. It apeared to me it was just getting worse as time went by, it was being drug all over the place, and persoanlly a low 9 sec. car and oil on the tires doesnt mix. So that is when i decided that was enough for the day..

this was our first time out with the piece of shit this year, all in all a good first outing i guess,, just need to get ride of the spring in the wheely bars so it doesnt do any more 4 foot wheelies. freshend the engine over the winter and we found a extra 30 horse from last year.

againe we had a Great time, thats for the get togther!

Mike

If you don't mind me asking, are you still running an AMC motor? If so what combo?

After putting the car on a Mustang Dyno today, the results as follows:

The car was running rich under load, like 10:1

The car was getting false knock on the top end thanks to the heat, which is now resolved

My belt was slipping

The kicker: The car drops power like a rock over 6k RPMs. My converter is slipping badly over 6k and chattering between 4k-6k. I'm looking at ditching this POS TCI that is less than a year old and going with something that will hold the power.

Still went 10.91, though :D

After putting the car on a Mustang Dyno today, the results as follows:

The car was running rich under load, like 10:1

The car was getting false knock on the top end thanks to the heat, which is now resolved

My belt was slipping

The kicker: The car drops power like a rock over 6k RPMs. My converter is slipping badly over 6k and chattering between 4k-6k. I'm looking at ditching this POS TCI that is less than a year old and going with something that will hold the power.

Still went 10.91, though :D

Get a Yank. I've had one for 3 years and its durable.

i think pro tourque is starting do do great things with there converter have a few buddies running them and there holding tourque great, they can build whatever stall you want and even build a nice nitrous or turbo converter for a good price.

doesnt matter if you cant transfer the power...all my bike wanted to do in first 2 gears was wheelie.

tell me about it

i offfered my strap to both of you for a few passes so you guys could get some great lauches for good times but nooooooo

its time to get a strap so I can spank the other Paul all the way down the track just not catch him at the 1000ft mark all though it made it more fun for me :) good times guys!!!

haha i hated it since mymirrors were pulled in i coudlnt see you coming but i coudl hear you an abou the 1000 you would creap around ...dammmit

Best stock time 14.93 @ 93.67 with a 2.07 60'

Best chipped run was 14.01 @ 98.68 with a 2.00 60'

Not a single run could I get the 60' down below 2.0. Almost every pass wasa 2.0 with a couple 2.1's. I need to learn to launch the car. First time dragging this car and its been a LONG time since Ive dragged anything AWD.

i offfered my strap to both of you for a few passes so you guys could get some great lauches for good times but nooooooo

haha i hated it since mymirrors were pulled in i coudlnt see you coming but i coudl hear you an abou the 1000 you would creap around ...dammmit

Im going to save some pennys and pay a visit to Brock's Performance... lowering links and a radial mount strap kit! and probably a Vortex front sprocket.

ummm whitey was lowered and strapped and I didnt feel like yanking my front brakes apart for it, besides I am not even lowered

Im going to save some pennys and pay a visit to Brock's Performance... lowering links and a radial mount strap kit! and probably a Vortex front sprocket.

lowering links were 12 bucsk off ebay from a power shop out in cali also the lowering strap i got off some site that specialize in busas had ti for 15 bucks

ummm whitey was lowered and strapped and I didnt feel like yanking my front brakes apart for it, besides I am not even lowered

wimp